Are you an EHS Professional seeking an opportunity to troubleshoot site and regional challenges, develop remediation plans and work with local site EHS staff to implement change? Our client is recruiting for an Environmental, Health and Safety Project Manager in Chatsworth, CA, job 1186 at consentiumsearch.com This is a full-time position as an employee of our client.
All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!
Job Purpose:The incumbent will be responsible for the leading various EHS related projects throughout the western region which may include strategy and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the facility EHS programs.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Five (5) or more years of implementing and managing EHS programs experience, preferably in manufacturing environments
- Demonstrated success implementing new comprehensive EHS processes and programs
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- Demonstrated success in a Behavior Based Safety environment
- Professional Certification (CIH, CSP, CBSP, CHP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- ISO / OHSAS / VPP experience
- Partner with plant EHS and Operations leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding implementation of new EHS programs
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead and influence local EHS staff members
- Lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets, and experiences are needed.
Response Instructions: Qualified candidates can apply via our website consentiumsearch.com or send their resume to Resumes at consentiumsearch.com referencing the job number listed and where you saw this posting.
Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please, however if you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please call 973-577-7575
Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist – Irvine, CA
Posted: Mar 21, 2019
Please send resume/questions to Donna at: email@example.com
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for the administration and monitoring of company environmental health and safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Assists with the development and delivery of environmental health and safety training. Inspects and assesses the company’s multifamily development, construction, residential units and ancillary services with the goal of evaluating risk and recommending corrective actions, policy revisions, and/or procedures to reduce loss and exposure.
Program Administration and Monitoring:
- Provides operational and program support for environmental health and safety programs.
- Carries out technical administration and monitoring of respiratory program, lockout/tag out, hot works, hazard communication, injury and illness prevention program, ergonomics and emergency action plans.
- Monitors the organization’s operations and maintenance programs for all known environmental hazards (ACM, LBP, IAQ).
- Maintains databases for all environmental testing, disturbance, abatement and operation and maintenance history.
- Assists with hazardous waste management operations and compliance.
- Evaluates environmental health and safety issues and makes recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Conducts environmental audits and property inspections to assess risk.
- Responds to field problems and questions from on‐site employees, residents and corporate staff.
- Assists with the coordination, development and presentation of all OSHA mandated employee environmental health and safety training programs, including new hire orientation, hazard communication, IIPP/SB198, PPE, respiratory, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining employee safety training and medical monitoring database records.
- Supports the Environmental Health and Safety Manager with all environmental abatement activities, including on‐site job walks, inspections and ensuring contractors are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Typical projects include asbestos, lead‐based paint, and issues pertaining to indoor air quality such as fungal contamination.
- Coordinates environmental testing of building materials, environmental site assessments (Phase I& II), and special projects relating to safety issues
- Responds to emergency calls as related to environmental health and safety issues.
- Assists in the research of various regulations (OSHA, EPA, SCAQMD, DOT, etc.) to determine applicability and compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The preceding functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required of this position.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in environmental health and safety.
- Must maintain current certification as an ACM Building Inspector and Management Planner.
- Familiarity with Cal OSHA regulations pertaining to employee safety training and safe work environment and with SCAQMD regulations for working with asbestos.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain acceptable driving record pursuant to insurance underwriting guidelines established by Company’s insurance carrier.
- Access to a reliable car with ability to travel covering territory of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties.
** Full copy of job description available upon request**
Safety Manager, Costa Mesa
Posted: Mar 19, 2019
This $1.2 Billion project represents the design/build improvement of 16 miles of the existing I-405 freeway beginning at SR73 to I-605 of I-405. This project is managed jointly by the US construction firms OHL North America and Astaldi Construction Corporation, fully supported by our international parent companies, collaborating to form the joint venture OC 405 Partners established to improve infrastructure in Orange County, California.
- Assist the Safety Director with the development of the project site safety program.
- Establish and conduct jobsite orientation for every new employee for the project and administer and record their participation in the orientation program and issue identification to those employees completing the orientation program.
- Attend all initial meetings with the Project Staff and Subcontractor representatives to clearly define their role within the confines of the Project Safety Program.
- Establish and conduct regular (weekly) safety meetings with project staff. Ensure and maintain a log of each toolbox safety meetings held with their employees.
- Review each Subcontractors Safety Program and ensure that it meets or exceeds the project Safety Program requirements.
- Conduct regular (daily) jobsite and work area inspections.
- Conduct formal weekly jobsite inspections and complete the safety checklist noting safety violations and corrective actions.
- Record, notify and prepare written report of any violations or unsafe practices to direct hire employees or Subcontractors for immediate correction actions.
- Stop at once any violation or unsafe practice.
- Assist Project Superintendent in establishing and implementing safety procedures including evacuation and fire control procedures.
- Investigate all incidents and generate proper reports.
- Establish and maintain all required job safety records.
- Conduct a monthly overview safety meeting.
- Assist the Claims Manager in the management of claims.
- Attend Project Staff Meetings to brief the staff on safety issues on the project and coming from the company and to keep informed of the progress of the job.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in heavy civil construction.
- Working knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques.
- Capable of identifying known/potential exposures and recommending corrective actions.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- CHST designation is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferable.
- Previous Caltrans experience a plus.
- Valed and updated EMT certificate a plus.
If interested, please contact Callan Mintz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 944-7304
Loss Prevention Field Rep – Northwest US
Posted: Mar 18, 2019
About Protective Insurance
Protective Insurance specializes in marketing and underwriting insurance for the transportation industry. Backed by our successful history and financial strength, we offer diverse, innovative products in the property and casualty insurance market.
Under the brands of Protective Insurance Company and Sagamore Insurance Company, Baldwin & Lyons is seeking a full-time Senior Loss Prevention Representative to join our Risk Management/Loss Prevention Department. This position will work as a remote employee in the Southwest or Northwest region of the US. With limited technical direction, this position will be responsible for contributing to the growth strategy and profitability of our fleet trucking, public transportation, and multi-industry workers’ compensation products.
- Receive and complete loss prevention survey requests from the Underwriting Department for both prospective customers and current insured service work as assigned
- Analyze exposures, controls, and loss trends at both the portfolio and account level, recommending improvement as necessary
- Develop service plans to actively engage accounts and help insureds lower their total cost of risk.
- Actively monitor large losses and loss ratios on assigned accounts, develop and implement risk reduction strategies with specific customers
- Maintain a close relationship with internal departments, customers and agents to ensure service meets expectations
- Identify, launch, and successfully complete internal projects as assigned
- Help execute the Loss Prevention Strategic Plan with department management
- Travel to customer or agency locations across the U.S. as needed for loss prevention surveys and marketing of services up to 50% of time
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor and/or a Master Degree in Safety with a minimum of five years’ experience
- Ability to perform onsite training is a requirement
- Insurance, safety and/or motor carrier transportation industry certifications such as CSP, ASP, ARM and/or CDS is strongly preferred and willingness to obtain is required.
- Multi-lines representation required
- Advanced technical writing skills required
If interested, apply at the following website: https://www.protectiveinsurance.com/careers/open-positions?gh_jid=1423377
Safety Specialist Instructor – Irvine
Posted: Mar 18, 2019
ehsInc is looking for an experienced safety specialist with a minimum of 3 years experience in the constructionfield. The safety specialist will be responsible for providing the highest standards of OSHA training/education.They will work with high profile organizations whose objective is to meet regulatory compliance requirements.The safety specialist will identify course aims and objectives and deliver practical, innovative training usingehsInc’s developed curricula.
- Instruct a variety of construction industry courses such as:
- OSHA 10/30 Outreach – Construction
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry/ Non‐Entry Rescue
- Trenching, Shoring & Excavation
- Heavy Equipment (Backhoe/Front‐End Loader,Skid‐Steer, Dump Truck, etc.)
- Aerial Lift Operator
- Forklift Operator
- Respirator Protection & Fit Testing
- Traffic Control/Flagging
- Safety Audits/Risk Assessments
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of construction field experience
- OSHA Outreach Instructor• Understanding of Cal and Fed OSHA requirements
- Effective communication skills in English (Spanish a plus)
- High proficiency in PC based applications (Microsoft Office and Google Business Apps)• Self‐motivated to study applicable general and construction industry standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) preferred
Physical Requirements: Working hours will primarily be in the field conducting safety training and consulting services, some officetime for reporting on various projects, driving to class location, some air travel.
Please email resume to email@example.com for consideration.