One of the numerous benefits of ASSP membership is access to open safety positions which are otherwise not advertised. The Chapter Luncheons are an excellent place to network and learn about employment opportunities from other meeting attendees. We share jobs posted on this website at our monthly technical meetings and welcome members to share opportunities at their current companies.
Postings will remain on the website for 60 days unless extended by the organization offering the opportunity. If you wish to have an opening posted here, send it in Word or PDF format to the Job Placement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Safety Technician supports and assists the Health, Safety & Security Manager in achieving and maintaining compliance for AMVAC’s (Los Angeles locations) with federal, state, local and other applicable laws and regulations and, the AMVAC’s corporate objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform and document audits, inspections, observations and appropriate corrective actions for the Health, Safety and Security Department to maintain and improve AMVAC’s safety performance.
• Conduct and assist Dept. Managers/Supervisors with Tailgate meetings
• Conduct respiratory fit testing
• Assist with issuing safe work permits.
• Perform safety equipment inspections
• Assist with safety training
• Assist with incident investigations and hazard corrections
• Observe and coach employees on safety policies and procedures
• Assist with recordkeeping
• Assist with other duties as assigned by the Health, Safety and Security Manager
Minimum Education Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Safety training or certification
Skills & Qualifications:
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to interact with Supervisors and other plant personnel.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of AMVAC personnel.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
• Must pass post-offer physical, background checks and other appropriate testing as required
• Degree or Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience, preferably in a chemical plant or petrochemical or
• Compensation commensurate to experience
• Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision,
• Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available
• Life and AD&D Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
• Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
• Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
AMVAC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability,
protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law.
Visit www.amvac.com for more information or to apply for this position.
Duke Realty, one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the United States with logistics/distribution properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an opportunity for a Construction Safety Manager to join our construction team in our Irvine, CA office. Duke Realty is a vertically integrated owner/developer and currently owns and manages 12-plus million square feet of logistical real estate in this market. We are committed to further grow and develop our logistical product in this market. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. This position will be responsible for Southern California, Northern California, Seattel markets. Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Physical jobsite surveys including travel to all assigned Markets.
- Written summary of physical jobsite surveys
- Coordinate the implementation of the Duke Realty Construction Safety Program including the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy.
- Participate in the ongoing maintenance of the Duke Realty Construction Safety Program and safety related documentation.
- Monitor and analyze safety trends in assigned markets and report on these to the Safety Director.
- Conduct or coordinate safety training for Construction associates
- Attend and participate in market and job site safety meetings
- Review of current federal, state and local regulations for compliance
- Assist in the development of technical safety related documents
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Candidates will have 3-5 years of Safety related experience. Experience in construction industry is strongly desired.
- Experience/knowledge of California OSHA laws and polices is required.
- Possess strong initiative and effective organizational skills. Ability to self-manage and direct work.
- Attention to detail, and ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapports and interact with various levels of professionals.
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel to markets as need (approx. 15%).
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish strongly desired.
- BS degree in Occupational Safety or Safety Management, or related field of study desired.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program. Please apply on line at http://www.dukerealty.com/careers (only online applications accepted).
Duke Realty is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Consulting Specialist – Industrial Hygiene & Safety
Citadel is seeking a talented Consulting Specialist to support our growing industrial hygiene (IH) and safety practice in the Southern California market, especially in Orange County.
We are an equal-opportunity, family-oriented firm that takes pride in listening to our clients and partnering with them to provide practical solutions that reduce risk and protect employees. We support a variety of industries including higher education, construction, property management, healthcare, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and biotechnology. Come join a consulting firm that puts people first!
This could be your ideal job if you have 1 to 3 years of experience in EHS consulting or
corporate EHS with a focus on IH and Safety and are interested in a fast-paced consulting role.
In this role you will be working either on site at one of our client locations as an extension of
their EHS organization and/or working on a variety of IH and safety consulting projects mainly in the Southern California region.
This position reports to the Associate Principal of Industrial Hygiene and Safety.
• Industrial hygiene surveys
• Moisture/microbial investigations
• Occupational health and safety surveys/inspections
• Developing and delivering health and safety training
• Writing technical reports
• On-site EHS support
• 1-3 years of experience in EHS, preferably in industrial hygiene and/or safety
• Prior experience with IH sampling is required
• Experience in supporting various types of health and safety assessments
• Experience in supporting EHS programs either as a consultant or working for a company’s EHS organization
• Experience in writing technical reports
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting IH sampling data
• Experience in supporting construction projects, universities, or industries with laboratory
environments is highly desirable
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to provide consulting support in multiple industrial hygiene and safety service
areas (e.g., microbial, IAQ, air sampling for contaminants, written program development,
• Ability to use IH instruments such as sound level meter, dosimeters, moisture meter,
infrared camera, sampling pumps, etc.
• Ability to work successfully in team-oriented environments
• Ability to support several projects simultaneously
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
• B.S. degree or higher in Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related science from an accredited school
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds, work some nights and weekends, and pass a background
check to obtain security clearance to client sites
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a car, and the ability to travel throughout Southern
• May occasionally require travel and overnight stays outside of Southern California
• Candidate working towards CIH is preferred, but not required
Apply for this position by sending your resume/CV to Shannon Mateik at smateik@citadelEHS.com