California State University, Fullerton
Student Section Bylaws (pdf)
As members of the California State University, Fullerton Student Section of the Orange County ASSP, our mission is to promote professional development of members and students through advanced education, training, social service and networking events with professionals of Environmental Health and Safety related fields.
We strive to promote a strong safety culture in the field of environmental health and safety and related fields in both industry and the community. As part of the activities that will help us to meet our goals, we actively participate in the following:
- Attend Parent Chapter meetings and events in order to establish networking opportunities and professional relationships with other industry members.
- Conduct site tours of local industries including manufacturing, public agencies, construction and entertainment venues and learn from the EHS personnel in the corresponding fields.
- Invite local safety professionals from various industries as guest speakers during Section meetings to share their experiences and to discuss emerging topics in EHS and related fields.
- Participate in various activities in the community that promote safety such as The Great Shakeout, Super CPR Day and others.
Who is the ASSP?
Founded in 1911, ASSP is the world’s oldest and largest professional safety organization. Its 30,000 members manage, supervise and consult on safety, health and environmental issues in industry, insurance, government and education. ASSP has 15 Practice Specialties and 150 chapters in the United States and abroad.
The Orange County Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers includes over 450 safety professionals from various companies and industries in the surrounding area. As a sponsor of the CSUF Student Section, the OCASSP encourages all students can participate in Chapter events.
Benefits of Student Section Membership include:
- Scholarships and education grants
- Access to internships and Job opportunities
- Networking with safety professionals worldwide
- Professional development opportunities
- Technical resources and discounts