Liberty Mutual Insurance’s internship programs give you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.As an intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to a functional area (such as claims, finance, sales/service, underwriting and/or IT). You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work. The Company’s internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.Risk Control consultants embody Liberty Mutual’s mission of “helping people live safer, more secure lives.” In this proactive role, you’ll spend much of your time with customers at their offices and operations, applying your skills in safety, engineering, math, science or business to help clients analyze and control their risk of insured losses.
- Satisfactory completion of Liberty’s Risk Control Role training module
- Assist with research and development of draft loss control support resources
- Apply loss control problem solving by participating in: risk assessments, system analysis, recommending solutions, and performance measures related to customer service requests
- Assist field consultants with preparation work prior to job shadow field visits
- Participate on job shadow loss control visits to customer locations
- Working towards a bachelors degree in occupational safety, fire safety, engineering, or a related field
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct extensive research, evaluation, and analysis
- Ability to work independently on projects with limited supervision
- Ability to work full-time for a minimum of 10-12 weeks (June-August)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; additional requirements may apply
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual
Job: Risk Control Schedule: Full-timeSalary: $41,925Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)Travel: No
If interested, apply at the following website: https://lmig.taleo.net/careersection/lmigcampus/jobdetail.ftl?job=98524
Disney Safety & IH Intern – Anaheim
Posted: Sep 19, 2018
As a member of the Worldwide Safety team, you will partner and interact with various departments on the coordination of cast and guest safety. Provide support to Manager and team and assist with the completion of a variety of responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in safety, health and sanitation/food safety audits, report findings, assist in development of corrective action plans.
- Conduct field surveys such as indoor air quality, noise dosimetry, ventilation surveys, etc., report out on findings, develop and follow up on mitigations.
- Develop JSA’s to determine site-specific safety requirements such as engineering controls, equipment specifications, machine guarding requirements, personal protective equipment, training, and other controls.
- Attend and assist with leading safety and wellness committee meetings.
- Attend and assist with development of safety and wellness educational offerings.
- Assist with incident investigations, developing mitigations, and evaluating/following up.
- Evaluating incident and near miss trend data and making recommendations for and developing mitigation strategies
- Attend design review meetings and provide feedback on safety and health requirements.
- Assisting with special projects
- Assist in maintaining documentation
- Other duties as assigned
If interested, please apply at the following website:https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/-/-/391/9038500?codes=INDEED
Safety Intern – Irvine, CA
Posted: Sep 19, 2018
The primary goals for a safety intern is to gain an understanding of the construction process and to assist the Safety Manager in supporting the project team in the successful completion of a construction project. This position assists the project team in planning, monitoring work activities, and gaining correction of unsafe acts or conditions. The internship program provides the intern and Hensel Phelps with an extended opportunity to evaluate if the fit is right for a long and successful career with Hensel Phelps after graduation.
Essential job functions include:
- Gain knowledge of the Company Safety & Health Program
- Assist the Project Superintendent in the project site-specific safety orientation
- Assist in the development and review of Activity Hazard Analysis
- Assist the project team in conducting project safety audits
- Assist ?the project team with accident and/or near miss investigations
- Attend awareness level safety courses and other construction related courses
- Strong communication skills
- Computer software – Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel based templates, Prolog, Primavera and AutoDesk Suite
- Candidates are preferred to be pursuing a 4 year degree in Occupational Safety & Health?
The position may require the new hire to be assigned to a project with specific badging or other security requirements, which may require the Company, Owner, or third party to conduct a criminal or other background check.
If interested, please apply at the following website: https://keystyle.henselphelps.com/Careers/JobDetails/#ReqID=1abcbcf5-111b-4a48-9818-4d5c2d4f7ec8/openModal=N