One of the numerous benefits of ASSP membership is access to open safety positions which are otherwise not advertised. The Chapter Luncheons are an excellent place to network and learn about employment opportunities from other meeting attendees. We share jobs posted on this website at our monthly technical meetings and welcome members to share opportunities at their current companies.
Postings will remain on the website for 60 days unless extended by the organization offering the opportunity. If you wish to have an opening posted here, send it in Word or PDF format to the Job Placement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way. As a member of our team, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
A dynamic Individual who can manage multiple areas of EHS, support corporate wide initiatives and ensure compliance to US laws and PB EHS Management systems. You will influence and collaborate with leaders from all parts of the organization. You are a great communicator who can analyze data and develop tools and communications to support our mission of risk and injury prevention.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert for the Mid-West Region which includes IN, IL and OH. (this may be updated to include other site locations as the business expands) This role provides tactical and strategic level support to 12+ Global Ecommerce and Presort Mailing locations. The scope includes support with Accident Investigation, OSHA recordkeeping, risk assessment, training development and basic environmental program management and reporting. You will partner extensively with both other members of the Regional EHS team, corporate staff and operational leaders on business wide initiatives.
- Have the ability identify develop EHS improvement projects to drive down injuries, costs and implement projects related to PB Sustainability programs.
- Monitor EHS Legislative requirements and identify resources and/or develop plans to implement across the company.
- Perform compliance reviews to support the corporation in identifying and controlling risk. Coach, mentor, and train facility level personnel.
- You will spend time both based either in a site, or working from home, and traveling to the various sites in his/her region.
As a Regional EHS Manager you have:
- Ability to analyze EHS data, conduct risk assessments, and to develop and present process improvement ideas to Senior Leaders.
- Ability to act as the Liaison to regulatory agencies when called upon
- A BS in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental or related field
- Five to Seven years’ experience predominately in Safety and Health, or equivalent experience with supporting with multiple facilities.
- ASP/CSP Certification
Bilingual Spanish a +
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
The Safety Management Systems Strategy Manager is responsible for developing policies, procedures and standards that will maintain and continuously improve the Safety Management System (SMS) framework and define roles and responsibilities for the SMS organization. Benchmark with industry peers and other business sectors to optimize SoCalGas’ SMS. Provide input and guidance on company-wide processes that provide effective risk-based decision-making for daily business functions including hazard identification, occurrence reporting, risk management, performance measurement, and quality assurance. Responsible for the program management of enterprise safety culture change initiatives.
- Provides managerial leadership and directs the SMS Strategy team with primary focus on the advancement of SoCalGas’ safety culture. Maintains and continuously improves SMS policy, roles and responsibilities, and standards that provide guidance for the development, commitment, and advancement of SoCalGas’s safety management system.
- Continuously improves the internal SMS standard that adheres to the API 1173 recommended practice including protocols for periodic review and annual management review.
- Refines and improves the platform to execute “Management Of Change” company-wide and responsible for coordination, review and assembling of the annual Gas Safety Plan.
- Engages internal and external stakeholders to communicate the purpose of SMS which includes identifying and mitigating risk reduction and continuous improvement principles of the safety management system. Provides awareness training to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate, on SoCalGas’s SMS framework, standard and key components of SMS requirements
- Manages department staff to ensure goals and objectives are successfully implemented and achieved. Manages the planning, preparation and administration of budget, and workforce plans. Allocates resources to ensure the department provides the highest level of service and performance. Coaches, mentors and develops staff while fostering a spirit of teamwork and unity. Establishes performance plans for team. Trains, monitors and manages performance of employees, providing feedback several times per year, in compliance with company policy
- Learns from and shares with pertinent regulatory agencies (PHMSA, CPUC, DOT, etc.) industry organizations (API, AGA, GTI, WEI, etc.) and best-in-class companies regarding their respective SMS expectations and/or journeys.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration or Engineering or other technical degree Required Master’s Degree MBA or advanced degree Preferred
- 8 Years of Expereince in Professional experience in Operations, Corporate Compliance, Safety Management Systems, Regulatory or Strategic Development Required
- 1 year Experience with Safety Management Systems (SMS) (included in overall years of experience Required
- 2 years Managing and directing professional staff (included in overall years of experience) Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organizational leadership skills including a track record of building strong teams, as well as leading/influencing through others and gaining cooperation and support. Advanced
- Knowledge of gas operations, gas standards, regulations, and best practices Advanced
- Strategic planning, stakeholder management and project management skills. Advanced
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills. The ability to drive decisions and align the organization around those with the best return for the business and its shareholders. Advanced Persuasive oral communications skills necessary for dealing with a wide range of internal and external audiences. Advanced
- Presentation skills for formal and informal presentations to senior management Advanced Writing skills and the ability to work under pressure and/or meet tight deadlines is critical. Advanced
- Ability to take a broad perspective and consider long-term implications when making business decisions and setting strategies.
Drive health and safety performance across SoCalGas insuring continuous improvement. Responsible for overall leadership, strategy, and day to day management of safety and health professionals to implement corporate programs and policies for field and office partners. Act as liaison for regulatory agencies and corporate Health, Safety and Security. Leverages industry relationships to continuously benchmark and apply utility industry and general safety best practices across the organization. The position is responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Safety and Health department and its support, coaching, and training of supervisors, managers, and directors in the effective implementation of the Company’s Safety Management System as it pertains to worker safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Directs, provides guidance, and manages implementation of employee safety programs. Responsible for overseeing the completion of ESCMP audits for all company facilities. Oversees the effective implementation of thorough incident investigations across the company. Reviews incident investigations and provides documented feedback to division supervisors, managers, and directors.
• Develops and participates in strategy and long range planning processes within the worker safety area in support of Safety Management Systems. Analyze incident reports, metrics and injury case studies in order to institute changes that lead to a safer environment. Delivers monthly reports on the quality of incident investigations, job observations, and hazard identification efforts. Leads major initiatives, including those which focus on safety culture, with company personal and third party contracted labor, reporting out on activities, and metrics to measure progress. Consults on major projects to review HASP, HAZOP, and HAZID plans and studies are thorough and effective. • Counsels, guides and informs the region and corporate departments of safety issues relative to California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) / California CPUC regulations. Provides counsel and training to region and corporate personnel for improvement of investigation to identify accident causes. Responsible for communication, training, and overall subject matter expertise regarding the Company’s IIPP (Injury & Illness Prevention Program).
• Manages team of department staff that includes represented and management employees to ensure department goals and objectives are implemented and achieved. Allocates resources to ensure that an appropriate level of service/performance is provided.
• Establishes and maintains open and effective lines of communication with partners to assure safety objectives are met. Consults with stakeholder groups to set safety goals. Establishes requirements for meeting long-term objectives. Recommends work methods and solutions for specific situations by promoting safety and health awareness and safety conscious behavior and compliance system-wide. Manages citations from governmental agencies from receipt to appeal, payment or other resolution.
• Provides input, review, and subject matter expertise to external processes and organizations, including but not limited to the General Rate Case, safety related risk reporting (RAMP, ERR, etc.), AGA inquiries and other safety related ICP metrics. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Plans, supports, and executes on emergency response and mutual aid assistance as needed for large company incidents. Participates and manages on-call responsibilities within the safety organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree Industrial hygiene, safety, environmental engineering, business, occupational health, physical science or related discipline. Required.
- Master’s Degree Industrial hygiene, safety, environmental engineering, business, occupational health, physical science or related discipline. Preferred.
- 10 years Safety, industrial hygiene, environmental engineering, health, management, engineering or related work experience. Required.
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess and demonstrate strong leadership, adaptability, and interpersonal skills. Advanced.
- Must be client-focused and effective in a “shared goals” environment. Advanced.
- Must possess the ability to assess and solve complex problems and propose innovative solutions and technologies. Advanced.
- Must have a working knowledge of statistical analysis, lean/six-sigma methodologies,, management theory, project management, and strong written and verbal communication skills suitable for an executive or external audience. Advanced.
- Thorough knowledge of corporate/company policies and procedures, field operations and activities of an energy utility business. Intermediate.
- Strong understanding of Human Performance Factors and Human and Organizational Factors. Advanced.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of OSHA and DOT/CPUC compliance regulations. Advanced.
- Strong knowledge of occupational and safety health issues that pertain to heavy construction or energy utilities. Advanced.
- An understanding of the basic fundamentals of engineering is required. Intermediate.
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas Industry Operations and work practices highly desirable. Intermediate.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification in an industrial hygiene, safety, or environmental Multiple certifications are highly desirable. Required.
Link to posting:
US-CA-San DiegoJob ID 2022-9812
STA Pharmaceutical US LLC, a WuXi AppTec Company, is a contract development and manufacturing organization focused on providing high-quality process development, R&D, GLP Tox lots and up to P1/ P2 GMP small molecule manufacturing services to the biopharmaceutical industry.
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for supporting EHS compliance and risk management at our San Diego Campus. This campus includes the STA (Pharmaceutical R&D) and HD Biosciences (Biology and in vitro testing) divisions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential
- Develops written programs as needed to clearly define procedures and policy requirements for all EHS program elements
- Leads and conducts employee training and emergency preparedness programs
- Will develop and maintain a training matrix to define training methods and requirements for all program elements
- Assist with EHS audits / inspections, and providing recommendations for corrective actions
- Assist with EHS management systems development, including drafting of standard operating procedures, guidance documents, and training programs
- Assist labs with implementation of SOP’s or compliance with existing SOP’s
- Assist with the management of hazardous waste, including waste characterization, satellite area inspections, and training
- Assist with industrial hygiene related projects, including personal air sampling, indoor air quality assessment, surface wipe sampling, qualitative assessments, etc.
- Assist with incident and near miss investigations and metric tracking
- Be able to understand and articulate the business drivers aligned with safety strategy
Experience / Education
- 4+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Science discipline required, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene is preferred
- Preferred CHMM, CSP, CIH
- Experience maintaining and managing day-to-day health, safety, emergency response, and environmental compliance and security activities.
- Previous experience in Environmental, safety, Emergency Response and Haz-Mat.
- Previous experience implementing policies and procedures that are protective of the environment, personnel, equipment and business interests, including the leading of culture change required to embrace those policy and procedure changes.
- Experience evaluating, providing advice and implementing solutions due to complexities of health, safety, training and industrial hygiene issues.
- Experience with radioactivity and formal OSHA & Safety training
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Ability to record data accurately and legibly.
- Ability to use judgement as dictated by the complexity of the situation.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to receive, comprehend and to effectively communicate detailed information through verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Travel is required 10% , Domestic
WuXi AppTec requires all employees, both Field and Office-based, to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by February 9, 2022 or undergo weekly COVID-19 testing as set forth in WuXi AppTec’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, unless they are eligible for an exemption from the vaccination or testing requirements based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. If you are offered employment with WuXi AppTec, you will be required to provide acceptable proof of your COVID-19 vaccine (if applicable) no later than 8 days before your first day of employment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Online Application Link: https://careers-wuxiapptec.icims.com/jobs/9812/senior-specialist%2c-environmental%2c-health-%26-safety/login
EHS Specialist Trainee, initially in Pittsburgh, PA and then plant assignment, Job 1531
Our client, a major international manufacturing firm, is recruiting for a EHS Specialist Trainee in initially in Pittsburgh, PA and then plant assignment. This is a full-time position as an employee of our client and REQUIRES commuting to or living in the Initially in Pittsburgh, PA and then plant assignment area. This is position CANNOT be worked from a remote setting; HOWEVER, relocation assistance within the US is available.
Reporting to the EHS Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the management and overall direction and oversight of EHS programs, strategy, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the facility.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Knowledge of leading and lagging KPIs resulting in driving health and safety metrics lower and/or knowledge of multi-media environmental programs
- Knowledge of ISO / VPP certified, and/or LEAN facility and/or Behavior Based Safety environment
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- A completed internship or one (1) or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing environments
- Professional Certification (GSP, ASP, COSS, CSD, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Ability to relocate within the US after completing initial 12-18 month training cycle
- Partner with plant operations leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Participate and/or lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
- Participate and/or lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Participate and/or lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (SPCC, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Participate and/or lead Continuous Improvement initiatives regarding EHS policies and programs
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.
This is just ONE of over 50 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide; many are confidential and not listed on our website. Follow our job announcements at https://lnkd.in/eFVKAnc and Twitter.com/Consentium or our LinkedIn Work Group at https://lnkd.in/e2ZG-Mj