One of the numerous benefits of ASSP membership is access to open safety positions which are otherwise not advertised. The Chapter Luncheons are an excellent place to network and learn about employment opportunities from other meeting attendees. We share jobs posted on this website at our monthly technical meetings and welcome members to share opportunities at their current companies.
Postings will remain on the website for 60 days unless extended by the organization offering the opportunity. If you wish to have an opening posted here, send it in Word or PDF format to the Job Placement Director, at email@example.com.
At Vyaire, we help the world breathe easier. As a global leader in respiratory care, we know what we do enables, improves and extends lives. We are a young company with a long history of revolutionary products. We devise extraordinary solutions that allow patients to lead ordinary lives. We believe the best way to create value for our customers, is to become invaluable. We know a dynamic culture with diversity of thought makes this possible. Our colleagues are people who specialize in exceeding expectations, building lasting relationships and making it a priority to listen. We are dedicated to anticipating what’s next and get it done. We thrive on contributing and making a difference.
To learn more, visit our website: www.vyaire.com
Watch our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDrQoMbMRrI&feature=youtu.be
About this role
Vyaire teams are dedicated to connecting clinicians and patients with the highest quality respiratory healthcare solutions in the market. At Vyaire, you will find a company that puts the customer at the center of all we do. Our culture is one that rewards performance and each interaction we have with a customer furthers our mission to be the global leader in respiratory care.
We are currently seeking an Environment, Health and Safety Manager to develop, implement and manage EHS Management Systems programs at our R&D facility based in Irvine, CA and our manufacturing facility in Palm Springs, CA.
- Ensure federal, state and local legislative compliance
- Develop/ implement EHS management systems programs/ tools
- Develop risk identification and reduction awareness and methods
- Develop/ conduct EHS training
- Prepare/ submit all EHS related federal, state and local reports
- Evaluate the effectiveness and compliance of the program through self-audits, product and regulatory changes
- Serve as the lead for the ISO 14001 Certification (Palm Springs, CA)
- Serve as the web master for the EHS Department site
- Support the EHS Analyst at the Palm Springs, CA facility
- Support other locations as needed
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in occupational safety, engineering, science or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Professional certification e.g. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is a plus.
- 7-10 years’ experience managing EHS programs that meet the requirements of the State of California EHS regulations
- Experience leading ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems programs
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to build consensus and influence others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented: a change agent who proactively drives EHS awareness and communicates best practices and promotes an autonomous EHS culture
- Location: Based in Irvine, CA plus regular travel to Palm Springs, CA
Environmental, Health and Safety Project Manager in Torrance, CA
Are you an EHS professional who has 7 or more years of experience leading EHS program development and implementation in manufacturing facilities? Do you have experience in both leading and participating on interdepartmental Project Management teams?
Our client, a major Tier 1 aerospace supplier, is recruiting for an Environmental, Health and Safety Project Manager in Torrance, CA. This is a full-time position as an employee of our client and REQUIRES commuting to or living in the Torrance, CA area. This position CANNOT be worked from an offsite location.
Reporting to the site EHS Manager, the incumbent will join a team of five other EHS professionals and be responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of EHS programs throughout this 800-person facility, working on interdepartmental Project Management teams to ensure that EHS issues are addressed when new equipment, processes, programs, and hiring is enacted. This will allow the other team members to concentrate on current operational safety and environmental concerns.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Seven (7) or more years of EHS management experience, preferably in manufacturing or chemical environments
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive federal and California state and local multimedia Environmental processes and programs including, but not limited to, CAA, CWA, RCRA
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Preference will be given to those candidates who, in addition to the minimum requirements above, possess one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated success in an ISO and/or LEAN facility
- 10 or more years of EHS management experience in manufacturing environments
- Professional Safety Certification (CIH, CSP, CHP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Professional Project Management (PMP) certification
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with the EHS team and plant leadership and serve as the EHS Project Management leader/representative on interdepartmental teams
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.
City of Anaheim – Public Utilities September 1, 2021 Anaheim, California
Salary: $86,117.00 – $118,411.00 Annually
The City of Anaheim Public Utilities Department seeks a dynamic Safety Administrator to oversee the administration of the Public Utilities Department Safety program to maintain an organizational culture that values an accident-free work place. The Safety Administrator conducts field inspections of electrical and water projects and facilities, conducts safety trainings, and ensures compliance with Cal/OSHA and all other federal, state, and local safety regulations. Duties include preventing employee injuries, identifying safety improvement opportunities, and reducing department liability due to safety considerations. The Safety Administrator will also coordinate assigned activities with the programs and activities of the City-wide Safety program and provide responsible staff assistance to the Environmental Services and Safety Manager and City Safety Manager.
Candidates must possess an equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to perform the essential job functions and provide the required knowledge and abilities, such as five years of increasingly responsible experience in the development and administration of a utility specific safety and loss prevention program including experience with safety requirements; supplemented by a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in industrial safety, industrial hygiene, business administration or a related field.
Candidates that possess certifications such as Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP-Green), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), and/or Certified industrial Hygienist (CIH) are highly desired.
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. The deadline for the first review of applications is on Thursday, September 30, 2021.Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Applicants that apply after the first review are not guaranteed to be considered for this recruitment. This recruitment may close at any time without notice after the first review date.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.anaheim.net/jobs
CEO RISK MANAGEMENT
THIS RECRUITMENT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
This recruitment will establish an open eligible list that will be used to fill current and future Senior Safety Specialist positions and may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange.
The Risk Management Office seeks an experienced Senior Safety Specialist professional who has the drive to learn, take initiative and has enthusiasm for changing culture. The Senior Safety Specialist will possess deeper technical skills than expected of a Safety Specialist and is expected to conduct advanced level project-related work.
Primary responsibilities may include the following:
- Act as the primary liaison for the County’s safety division in proactively managing and implementing countywide initiatives to maintain compliance with regulatory and county safety standards
- Lead and coordinate the roll-out/implementation of assigned countywide safety projects or tasks such as enterprise database systems, contractor safety programs, Americans with Disability Act Title II initiatives, training development and Industrial Hygiene programs. Conduct complex safety assessments, including for high hazard activities
- Review, develop and update the countywide safety plans and programs, safety policies and procedures
- Analyze data to evaluate and track trends, program effectiveness, root-causes and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate and analyze organizational needs to improve and address gaps in training and safety courses, designing relevant content and developing measurable training strategies and delivery methods using latest learning theories
- Provide assistance leading safety program audit teams
- Assist in training and mentoring Safety Specialists
|THE CONTACT INFO:|
|Ivonne NunezHuman Resource Services714-347-8385 │ firstname.lastname@example.org|
At Alexander & Schmidt, a Construction Specialist performs on-site inspections of commercial
construction sites and prepares reports for insurance underwriting purposes. Insurance
companies use the reports to properly insure commercial construction sites under Builder’s Risk
● A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience as a construction project manager, safety officer,
insurance construction specialist or safety specialist or experience with a commercial
insurance carrier providing loss control surveys for Builder’s Risk
● Solid communication skills—including exceptional writing ability, organizational skills, and
● Excellent time management skills
● Travel within a reasonable territory, 60 mile radius
● Professional certifications CSP, CCM, CSM, CSMC, CSD are preferred, but not required
● Uploading completed reports, photos and diagrams through a special website or complete
reports on web based systems
High-quality, accurate loss control surveys guide the underwriter in the selection of profitable
business, and assist the insured in controlling losses through the demonstrated value of the loss
control services provided.