Note: Relocation assistance is available for the successful candidate.
Our client is recruiting for a Multi-Site Manager of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) in Modesto, CA. This is a full-time position as an employee of our client and relocation assistance possible within the US. Details can be found at consentiumsearch.com job 1314 or clicking here: https://www.consentiumsearch.com/careerportal/#/jobs/1314
This is just ONE of over 30 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide; many are confidential and not listed on our website. Follow our job announcements at https://lnkd.in/eFVKAnc and Twitter.com/Consentium or our LinkedIn Work Group at https://lnkd.in/e2ZG-Mj
Refer a friend or client and be eligible for our REFERRAL BONUS that can pay you or your favorite charity. Details at https://www.consentiumsearch.com/giving-back
There is never any fee or contract for a candidate. All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!
The incumbent will be responsible for the management and overall direction and oversight of EHS programs, strategy, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the facility.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish in the workplace, specifically when presenting, discussing and training EHS related subject matter
- 10 or more years of EHS management experience, preferably in food manufacturing or agricultural entities
- Demonstrated success directing and managing comprehensive multimedia Environmental processes and programs including, but not limited to, CAA, CWA, RCRA, SARA and California specific programs
- Demonstrated familiarity with Cal-OSHA standards, regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated success in developing and utilizing leading and lagging KPIs resulting in driving health and safety metrics lower
- Demonstrated experience management Workers’ Comp programs
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
- Demonstrated success in an ISO / OHSAS / VPP certified, LEAN facility and Behavior Based Safety environment
- Ability to travel, overnight, on occasion
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- 10 or more years of EHS management experience in manufacturing environments
- Professional Certification (CIH, CSP, CBSP, CHP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with multi-site plant and operations leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead, develop and manage local EHS staff members
- Lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.
Response Instructions: Qualified candidates can apply via our website consentiumsearch.com or by clicking this link https://www.consentiumsearch.com/careerportal/#/jobs/1314 If the link does not work, please copy and paste it into your browser. Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please, however if you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please call 973-577-7575