Responsibilities would include an assigned book of workers’ compensation business in a specific geographic territory, with overall goals of managing the existing book to an appropriate level of profitability and achieving a high level of renewal retention. The RVP will be able to communicate effectively and conduct presentations to business owners, demonstrate utmost professionalism and industry knowledge to win the confidence of producers and insureds, develop a strong relationship with key decision-makers within an organization, direct effective service, and coordinate a team of service professionals. RVPs are required to clearly and professionally articulate the intricacies of the product. (The function of marketing to our agents and managing their submissions for new business and renewals is an important one; however, those duties are handled by the marketing staff and are not a part of this RVP position.)
The person hired for this position will primarily work from their home and will be in the field about half the time of the time including some overnight travel. A company car is provided.
Here’s what we do. We insure workers’ compensation coverage for large companies, using our deductible program and working through the independent agency system. Our service in claims and loss control is second to none. The difference our employees feel about us translates over to our customers, too. Our renewal retention is 90+%, meaning our customers, don’t want to leave us either. Our reputation and results are the envy of many competitors.
Here’s what you would be doing. The RVP’s responsibilities include the following: (1) Leading the team of service professionals (claims and loss control) who will service the book; (2) Directing roll-out of program and service plans; (3) Monitoring accounts for trends and reacting appropriately when action needs to be taken; (4) Communicating relevant information about individual accounts to the marketing and underwriting departments; (5) Building strong contacts with insureds’ senior management and being their primary relationship contact. 6) Performing other duties as directed.
Here are the qualifications. A Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of experience in account management, production, and/or managing a loss control department for a commercial insurance company, (preferably in workers’ compensation), is required. Additional experience in underwriting, loss control, or claims is a plus. You must have strong analytical and math skills and be proficient in Word, Excel, and working with loss runs.
If interested, please contact Stan Lopata at (619) 206-6800 or email@example.com
Safety and Health Manager – San Diego
Posted: Jun 10, 2019
We are looking for an effective Safety and Health Manager to play a major role in helping write, retain and service workers’ compensation policyholders. Position reports to Regional Officer and manages San Diego Region team of (8) Safety & Health (S&H) Department employees. Ensures high quality safety and health service to policyholders, agents/brokers, and internal customers. Well versed in workers’ compensation and modern safety practices. Coordinates day-to-day activities, workflow, and assignment completion for S&H staff. All tasks performed with the goal of achieving underwriting profit and demonstrating superior workers’ compensation expertise.
The position pays in the mid $150s with bonus and car. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for performance, development, coaching and continuous improvement of Regional S&H staff.
- Ensures effective assignment and completion of work
- Ensures workflows and systems are efficient and effective.
- Ensures staff effectively evaluates workplace safety and health exposures including manual material handling and ergonomics; machinery and equipment; falls; motor vehicles; occupational disease; and other employee injury/illness exposures.
- Ensures staff effectively evaluates prospect account and policyholder workplace safety and health programs.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of evidence-based consulting and ensures staff applies evidence-based consulting process to target employee injury exposures most likely to affect policyholder performance and underwriting profitability.
- Ensures effective and efficient service to policyholders underwritten by and/or located in the San Diego Region service territory.
- Develops and implements strategies that optimize S&H Department performance and Regional underwriting results.
- Effectively markets the S&H Department.
- Ensures staff meets department standards work quality, productivity, and time service.
- Leverages data to optimize performance and manage costs.
- Actively contributes to national S&H Department leadership planning and decision-making.
- Acts as technical resource to others.
- May conduct fieldwork.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required with preferred field of study in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, science, or engineering.
- Achieved S&H related master’s degree or recognized professional designation such as CSP, ARM or CIH.
- Six years S&H experience.
- Two years leading others with proven record of results managing direct report employees.
- Demonstrated skill in defining, measuring and increasing performance, and reporting outcomes.
- Strong knowledge of workers’ compensation insurance including understanding of experience modification, underwriting, and claims practices.
- Working knowledge of return to work program features and benefits.
- Understanding of insurance carrier performance metrics, and how S&H Department affects financial results.
- Understanding of occupational medicine provider network features and benefits.
- Experienced with P&C insurance agent and broker interaction.
- Effective communication, with strong sales and presentation skills.
- Ability to learn and use proprietary systems.
- Driver license in good standing.
If interested, please contact Stan Lopata at (619) 206-6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Loss Prevention Consultant : LA and OC
Posted: Jun 10, 2019
When is the last time you felt like you made a difference to your employer and in the job you do? Been awhile? Never? Our employees DO make a difference and feel appreciated for it. In fact we received 98% rating for overall job satisfaction from the participants in our last employee survey, making it no surprise that our employee turnover is less than 3%. This clearly indicates the passion and energy our staff has for our company and for the job they do . . . and they never want to work anywhere else!
A big reason for these successes is due to our careful matching of the right job with the right person. Currently we have an opening for a senior loss prevention consultant in your territory. Wouldn’t it be nice to be seen as more than an inspector? Wouldn’t it be great to work with a company that makes effective loss prevention a requirement for customers prior to partnering with them? Does this sound like you? If so, this might be the right job for you.
Here’s who we are:
National Workers Comp Company rated A plus engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance, focusing on workers’ compensation coverage for large companies, using our deductible program. Our service in claims and loss control is second to none. We’ve found that a large majority of our customers feel the way our employees do. Our renewal retention is 90+%, meaning our customers don’t want to leave us either!
Here’s what you would be doing: Your role would be to provide technically competent Loss Prevention Services in accordance with company policies and procedures and to provide support services to help acquire and retain profitable business in accordance with our company objectives. The person hired for this position will work from their home and will be required to work in the field 60% of the time including some overnight travel. A company car is provided. In addition to a competitive total rewards program, we offer an annual discretionary bonus for this position.
- Surveys and services commercial risks of any size and/or complexity for workers’ compensation coverage.
- Originates and manages all service account scheduling and activities for the assigned territory.
- Meets or exceeds all service standards.
- Accomplishes risk improvement by providing management consultation services, developing recommendations for hazard control, and providing direct support services to the insureds.
- Provides value-added customer service to insureds, agents, and company personnel.
- Maintains good communications at all levels.
- Conducts loss prevention services and training for customers to help reduce losses. Participates in team activities designed to help retain accounts.
- Maintains specialized state-of-the art professional capabilities in loss prevention support for workers’ compensation products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To apply you must have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of loss prevention experience working for a major writer of workers’ compensation insurance.
- Strong workers’ compensation knowledge is required along with the ability to conduct training programs and classes for our clients.
- Basic knowledge of underwriting and product management skills.
- Broad knowledge of commercial lines of insurance coverage, engineering principles and loss prevention concepts, and safety standards and codes.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates with industry designations, including Associate in Risk Management, Certified Engineering Technician, Certified Safety Professional, or a degree in Engineering. A Masters degree in Safety and Health may be substituted for one of the professional designations.
- Extensive use of computers and software programs is required of this position.
- You must be a great communicator, in both written and verbal form and be able to work with a variety of internal and external contacts.
If interested, please contact Stan Lopata at 619.206.6800 or email@example.com
EHS Specialist – Irvine
Posted: Jun 06, 2019
Western National Group, a real estate firm specializing in developing, building and managing multifamily housing, is looking to fill an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist position at our Corporate Offices in Irvine, CA. The position is responsible for the administration and monitoring of company environmental health and safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Assist with the development and delivery of environmental health and safety training and conduct inspections and evaluations of operations to identify hazards and provide support in the management of environmental health and safety programs.
- Minimum 5 years of prior experience preferably in facilitating asbestos and mold abatement projects.
- Position requires excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially Excel and Word and have the ability to operate all office equipment.
- Must demonstrate superior level of attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines consistently, have a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in environmental health and safety.
- Familiarity with Cal OSHA regulations pertaining to employee safety training and safe work environment.
- CSP or equivalent accreditation preferred
In addition to a competitive hourly salary, Western National Group offers full medical and dental benefits, 401K savings plan with company participation, educational reimbursement, and on-going training and advancement opportunities.
In order to be considered, please forward your resume to Bridgette Castillo, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safety Supervisor – Long Beach
Posted: May 23, 2019
Position Summary The Safety Supervisor is responsible for assisting in the development, coordination and implementation of environmental health and safety programs at the Long Beach campus at Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. Responsible for support in coordinating the safety and health components across the Long Beach Campus. This includes involvement with personnel, materials, equipment and environments needed to create a safe workplace and to minimize operational losses, accidents and injuries.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Maintain OSHA recordkeeping and various safety documentation, files and records.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute safety metric reports.
- Provide training to safety specialists and warehouse personnel on selected topics.
- Assist in creating literature that will help communicate safety messages.
- Act as a liason to vendors such as temporary labor providers, suppliers, and medical clinics to ensure all parties have common goals and are supporting the interests of the safety program
- Identify workplace hazards (physical, chemical, biological)
- Knowledge and identification of factors that effect human performance.
- Assess and review Occupational exposure guidelines, limits and knowledge of how to address such exposures.
- Assist in conducting EH&S monitoring methods, performance measures and metrics.
- Track injuries and root causes weekly, distribute reports.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, legal requirements and other EH&S requirements.
- Audit knowledge of the following: EH&S Quality, Records, and Continuity.
- Present information to or respond to common inquiries, requests or complaints from employees or regulatory agencies.
- Continuously improve job skills and technical knowledge through ongoing professional development opportunities such as seminars, conferences, online subscriptions, literature and regulatory publications.
- Review investigative reports of workplace accidents from open to close.
- Communication: Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Computer Applications Skills: Proficient in using Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.)
- Champions and fosters employee involvement, high collaboration and teamwork. Hands on leadership; regularly engages with all employees. Upholds company culture and values while driving division’s vision and mission.
- Establishes and frequently reviews developmental action plans that promote positive growth for the individual and strengthens succession planning initiatives.
- Conducts performance evaluations and recommends promotion, wage increases and other performance related actions such as verbal and written counseling notices, discipline, and termination of employment.
- Strong leadership skills including a collaborative, decisive, and engaging leadership style. Builds strong, trust-based, positive relationships with internal and external constituents. =
- Seeks out and listens to others’ ideas and suggestions. Provides clear and concise feedback to direct reports, peers and senior leaders.
- Ability to effect change and implement new ideas to support business operations.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field of study preferred.
- 2-5+ years of relevant work experience in safety
- 1+ years of supervisor experience preferred
- OSHA Certified Training
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 10-20%
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule.
- Review and analyze data and information .
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Benefits Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
Please contact Maria Ramirez Lopez, Regional HR Manager, at (562) 810-4186