Sedgwick is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. We firmly believe that our colleagues drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
If you have 5-10 years of experience as a risk control consultant specializing in Cal/OSHA compliance and training and would like to join one of the premier teams in the industry, we are looking for someone with your level of expertise. Come be part of Sedgwick Risk Control Services, an exclusive group of 16 safety professionals who are passionate and successful about what they do.
• Conduct on-site physical hazard inspections
• Conduct client on-site safety training in areas such as injury and illness prevention, hazard communication, heat illness prevention, driver safety, etc.
• Perform on-site ergonomic assessment evaluations
• Provide direction and assistance to clients with customizing various safety programs to ensure they are feasible, effectively implemented, and in compliance with regulatory requirements
• Write effective and concise communications to apprise clients of new or timely safety information• Travel within California up to 60% of the time with some travel requiring overnight stays.
The desired candidate should have strong technical and consultative skills with experience working with public schools or public entities. Exceptional writing skills, communication skills, and dedication to customer service are essential, since this position will interact frequently with clients, brokers, or boards of director staff. Professional certifications are desired such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), or Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialist (CEAS).
If you are a risk control professional at a joint powers authority or insurance company or have a background as a safety officer/director within an organization or public agency, we would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. This position requires solid presentation skills, possessing the confidence to deliver training sessions to large groups of people. This is a remote based position based in Southern California. Up to 60% travel within California is required, and some travel requires overnight stays.
If interested, send resumes to Henri Castro at email@example.com
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) – Orange
Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Job Summary:The CIH will organize, manage and direct industrial hygiene tasks and work associated with environmental health and safety (EH&S) issues for A-Tech’s clients.
CIH Job Duties:
- Direct, coordinate and provide work direction to environmental technicians, safety professionals and environmental technicians
- Serve as an industrial hygiene and environmental health and safety subject matter expert both internally and client facing.
- Prepares proposals and industrial hygiene sampling plans.
- Evaluates complex laboratory and field data collected during the assessment of physical,chemical, biological or environmental stressors and interprets data into valid conclusions in written reports.
- Perform indoor air quality and ventilation assessments
- Performs environmental investigations for biological and chemical hazards.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge with field monitoring equipment for industrial hygiene assessments.
- Write, prepare, and review reports.Maintains technical excellence, deep understanding of client’s needs, rigor in consulting quality and communication, and exceptional commitment to client satisfaction displaying A-Tech’s core value by:o Communication with Clients to determine scope of work for proposal preparation.
- Dialogue and handle technical questions and guide clients through difficult projects.
- Dialogue with staff and clients regarding scheduling, project updates and issue processing.
- Continual improvement in the technical quality of field work and reports.
- Provide leadership, training, mentoring and support to all levels of the organization.
- Staying current on industry best practices and regulations/standards as mandated by local, state and federal agencies.
- Attending trainings, meeting and conferences in order to develop professional network, stay current on knowledge and applications of industrial hygiene and maintain professional credentials.
- Regularly review and update departmental Key Performance Indicator.
- Create standard report templates(s) (IAQ, WAGS, USP-797, etc.) for IH reports.
- Directing the preparation of Water Management Program.
- Knowledge of infection control preferred.
- Assisting with sales and marketing department with Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH)services to current and potential clients.
- Partnering with sales staff to develop clients through networking and delivering high quality technical services to all new clients.
Required Skills/Abilities and Certifications:
- Must be a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Must have 5-year minimum experience.
- Minimum Bachelors of Science or equivalent.
- Must be a leader and example to the team, understand and portray the core values of A-Tech Consulting.
- Stay current on industry best practices and regulations/standards as mandated by local, state and federal agencies.
- May include prolonged periods working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift and handle 20 pounds of field equipment at times.
If interested, please contact Robert Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environmental, Health and Safety Technician: Orange and LA
Posted: Jun 17, 2020
General knowledge of environmental health and safety or industrial hygiene concepts and principles
- Arrive on time, on site prepared and ready to work. Locations will, primarily vary throughout the greater LA and Orange County area.
- Ability to operate or have experience with special field apparatus for sampling and measuring data from industrial establishments
- Assess environmental and occupational health and safety hazards
- Identify and verbally inform multiple individuals of compliance deficiencies, risks, and improvement opportunities through the performance of audits and inspections
- Communicate with all levels of an organization
- Participate in process improvement activities and manage actions to completion
Qualifications and Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental or occupational health and safety, science, or related background
- Ability to take direction and execute tasks as explained
- Possess critical thinking skills and ability to pivot quickly to solve unforeseen obstacles
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer service skills
- Responsive, reliable, punctual, and assertive
- Must exhibit good attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Quick learner and able to digest and implement subject matter and directives
Company: A-Tech Consulting
If interested, please contact Marty Kimble at Marty@atechinc.net
Senior EHS Specialist – San Diego
Posted: Jun 01, 2020
- Improve EHS workplace performance by promoting an incident-free work place, identifying and mitigating EHS risk and implementing safety and environmental management systems in accordance with regulations, corporate compliance policies and standards.
- Understand the primary hazards associated with facility construction and maintenance work.
- Be able to identify and communicate Critical Observable Actions associated with the construction and maintenance of facilities.
- Prevent incident re-occurrence through design and implementation of counter-measures.
- Provide front line insight on ever-changing industry regulations and safety protocols to protect workers, property, and resources.
- Resolve all findings, concerns, and deficiencies to effect timely and necessary corrections.
- Performs duties related to the hazard identification and control process, safe work planning, inspection and assessment, incident investigation, hazardous materials/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, training, safe work procedure development, and regulatory compliance recordkeeping and documentation.
- Conduct necessary safety trainings for employees and ensure compliance and understanding.
- Guide and direct departments toward compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations, and corporate compliance polices.
- Ensure timely submittal of required state, federal and/or local environmental and safety regulatory reports.
- Conduct inspections and audits throughout the entire manufacturing facility to identify existing or potential hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of federal, state and local OSHA regulations, safety codes and environmental quality regulations.
- Conduct safety risk assessments and environmental risk assessments.
- Write and implement new safety procedures.
- Perform safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, and safety enforcement of vendors and contractors.
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to stipulated company and project safety policies and business practices to achieve general results.
- Competent person training or experience in Fall Protection, Confined Space, Electrical, Trenching/Excavation, PPE and Scaffolding required.
- Provides informal supervision to junior level employees to complete deliverables, further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in environmental, health and safety or related scientific field.
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures used to accomplish the job.
- Require a minimum of fifteen (15) years of related experience.
- Require a Bachelor’s Degree in environmental, health and safety or related scientific field.
- At least five years of building construction and maintenance safety experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential.
- Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and / or compliance officers is required.
Experience working in manufacturing, construction, and facility maintenance and management is strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
As required by local authority (if required). Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) – Preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- In depth knowledge of EHS regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Uses strong project management skills in facilitating projects/activities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Responsibilities include periodic travel to regional and overseas sites for product technical support and special support projects.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- Position will require technical work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (fluorine).
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.
If interested, please click here.
IH Environmental Field Technician: Orange or San Diego
Posted: Dec 26, 2018
A-Tech Consulting is seeking environmental field technicians to join our team of highly motivated individuals. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills. This position will entail field work including asbestos and lead paint inspections and project monitoring in addition to report writing.
- Must have a minimum CSST certification.
- Must have a minimum 1 year experience in the industry.-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an Industrial Hygiene practice.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record-No criminal record. Must be able to pass security clearance
- Preferred Certifications: CAC, DPH Certified Lead Inspector/Assessor, DPH Certified —Lead Project Monitor, 40 hour HAZWOPER or willingness to work towards an appropriate certification.
- Mold Inspection/Project Monitoring Training (ACAC certification preferred)
- Asbestos/Lead/Mold Inspections
- Project Monitoring
- Indoor Air Quality Assessments
- Field Investigations
$55,000 to $70,000 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
If interested, please apply at the following website: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/a-tech-consulting-inc-b0d5b6cf/industrial-hygienist-environmental-consultant-d110a31c