One of the numerous benefits of ASSP membership is access to open safety positions which are otherwise not advertised. The Chapter Luncheons are an excellent place to network and learn about employment opportunities from other meeting attendees. We share jobs posted on this website at our monthly technical meetings and welcome members to share opportunities at their current companies.
Postings will remain on the website for 60 days unless extended by the organization offering the opportunity. If you wish to have an opening posted here, send it in Word or PDF format to the Job Placement Director, at email@example.com.
Safety Manager, Costa Mesa
Posted: Mar 19, 2019
This $1.2 Billion project represents the design/build improvement of 16 miles of the existing I-405 freeway beginning at SR73 to I-605 of I-405. This project is managed jointly by the US construction firms OHL North America and Astaldi Construction Corporation, fully supported by our international parent companies, collaborating to form the joint venture OC 405 Partners established to improve infrastructure in Orange County, California.
- Assist the Safety Director with the development of the project site safety program.
- Establish and conduct jobsite orientation for every new employee for the project and administer and record their participation in the orientation program and issue identification to those employees completing the orientation program.
- Attend all initial meetings with the Project Staff and Subcontractor representatives to clearly define their role within the confines of the Project Safety Program.
- Establish and conduct regular (weekly) safety meetings with project staff. Ensure and maintain a log of each toolbox safety meetings held with their employees.
- Review each Subcontractors Safety Program and ensure that it meets or exceeds the project Safety Program requirements.
- Conduct regular (daily) jobsite and work area inspections.
- Conduct formal weekly jobsite inspections and complete the safety checklist noting safety violations and corrective actions.
- Record, notify and prepare written report of any violations or unsafe practices to direct hire employees or Subcontractors for immediate correction actions.
- Stop at once any violation or unsafe practice.
- Assist Project Superintendent in establishing and implementing safety procedures including evacuation and fire control procedures.
- Investigate all incidents and generate proper reports.
- Establish and maintain all required job safety records.
- Conduct a monthly overview safety meeting.
- Assist the Claims Manager in the management of claims.
- Attend Project Staff Meetings to brief the staff on safety issues on the project and coming from the company and to keep informed of the progress of the job.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in heavy civil construction.
- Working knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques.
- Capable of identifying known/potential exposures and recommending corrective actions.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- CHST designation is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferable.
- Previous Caltrans experience a plus.
- Valed and updated EMT certificate a plus.
If interested, please contact Callan Mintz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 944-7304
IH Environmental Field Technician: Orange or San Diego
Posted: Dec 26, 2018
A-Tech Consulting is seeking environmental field technicians to join our team of highly motivated individuals. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills. This position will entail field work including asbestos and lead paint inspections and project monitoring in addition to report writing.
- Must have a minimum CSST certification.
- Must have a minimum 1 year experience in the industry.-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an Industrial Hygiene practice.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record-No criminal record. Must be able to pass security clearance
- Preferred Certifications: CAC, DPH Certified Lead Inspector/Assessor, DPH Certified —Lead Project Monitor, 40 hour HAZWOPER or willingness to work towards an appropriate certification.
- Mold Inspection/Project Monitoring Training (ACAC certification preferred)
- Asbestos/Lead/Mold Inspections
- Project Monitoring
- Indoor Air Quality Assessments
- Field Investigations
$55,000 to $70,000 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
If interested, please apply at the following website: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/a-tech-consulting-inc-b0d5b6cf/industrial-hygienist-environmental-consultant-d110a31c