We are looking for an experienced Industrial Hygienist to join our firm. We are a highly respected Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety consulting located in Southern California. This is a working level position, which requires significant training and experience in occupational safety and health rules, regulations, policies and procedures and industrial hygiene. A Senior Industrial Hygienist performs the most in-depth and complex assessments, inspections, and evaluations, in commercial, industrial, residential, academic, and governmental operations, including chemical, physical energy, microbiological and ergonomic stressors. He/she evaluates occupational safety and health programs, assists in development and improvement of programs, evaluates various occupational safety and health programs, develops and improves such programs, assists in developing and conducting occupational health and safety training programs, and will also oversee the work of subordinate Industrial Hygienists and Technicians on projects. The Senior Industrial Hygienist will be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, technical information on industrial hygiene matters to client representatives and other HSA staff, and perform other duties as required.
We offer a friendly, high performance, team-oriented work environment where professionals can grow amongst their respective peers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to expand their professional development in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
- This is an experienced senior level position working under general supervision. Positions at this level perform the more complex and sensitive duties in the occupational field.
- Manage project scope, schedule and staff for existing public and private sector clients.
- Supervise and conduct field work, provide staff mentorship and training, and provide quality control, training and support onsite and during preparation of technical reports.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene or demonstrated equivalent relevant experience/education.
2. 5+ years experience in industrial hygiene or occupational health.
3. Experience with occupational health and industrial hygiene policies, procedures, and standards.
4. Demonstrated expertise in industrial hygiene monitoring protocols, instrumentation and procedures.
5. Capable of performing independent industrial hygiene tasks, evaluations of occupational health exposure, et.al.
6. Capable of working independently and to carry out tasks with minimal supervision.
7. Must be familiar with most of the common industrial hygiene instrumentation.
8. Computer literate with working knowledge of common word processing, database and spreadsheet software applications. Ability to write Industrial Hygiene/Safety program documents and reports.
- B.S. degree or higher in Public Health and Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or any other relevant degree from an accredited school
- Licenses/Certifications:CIH certification and/or CSP, CAC, CDPH Lead certification(s) or eligibility preferred.
- Opportunities to create and/or give presentations to client and peer groups
- Membership and participation in recognized peer groups such as the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) is desired and encouraged.
- Willingness to travel occasionally and be available for night and weekend work, as needed.
If interested, please apply at the following website.