The key functions of the Construction Safety Specialist are to support the specific project needs and ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
- Oversee all aspects of Disneyland Resort construction projects ensuring Cal OSHA compliance, and Disney safety standards and processes.
- Complete accident reports and conduct accident investigations
- Ensure all personnel wear their personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Daily safety audits and inspections
- Coach and mentor site workers to ensure a safety culture is established
- Manage job site hazard plan for single large site and/or multiple sites
- Experience in collaboration with Project Superintendent and Project Engineers, review the Subcontractor’s Site Specific Safety Plans for completeness and relevance
- Ensure subcontractors and vendors implement their Site Specific Safety Plans and comply with Cal OSHA, as well as Disney safety procedures and standards
- Ensure accurate documentation of safety plans, procedures, violations, and corrective action
- Clarify safety rules and provide technical expertise and solutions to safety challenges on site
- For personal injuries, ensure injured party gets immediate care as appropriate for the severity of the injury, reporting immediately to Safety Director and Risk Manager. Conduct thorough accident investigation including witness statements, photographs, environmental conditions and any other relevant factor
- Organize and conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) meeting. With the RCA team, identify and document all contributing factors and institute training, policy or procedural changes to address the identified root causes on the incident
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 2+ years direct construction safety experience required
- Preference given to those with experience and formal environmental, health and safety (EHS) education and/or certification (CHST, OHST, ASP or CSP)OSHA 500 Certificate
- First Aid/CPR/AED Trained
- Working knowledge of Worker’s Compensation regulations; Department of Occupational Safety & Health rules and regulations; and the ability to identify and resolve safety hazards is required. Experience in Claims management and proper documentation is required
- Technical knowledge of the following is required: Asbestos exposure; Lead exposure; Flammable storage; Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (Hazwoper); Respirator fit training; Equipment – Crane, Scissor Lift, Boom Lift, Forklift, etc.; Rigging/ Signaling; Fall Protection; Confined Space; Scaffolding; Trench/Excavation; Blood-borne pathogens; Electrical safety; Defensive Driving; and Flagging
- Ability to collect and interpret data and apply it in a practical approach
- Required management skills include strong written and verbal communication skills in addition to the ability to work and communicate effectively with a workforce of diverse backgrounds, education, and experience
- Strong time management and organizational skills, accountable and dependable
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to resolve complex problems
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- This position requires work on active commercial construction sites.
Required Education :
- 4 Year College Degree in Occupational Safety (Preferred)
- CHST Designation
- Current OSHA 500 certification.
If interested, apply on the company website: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/-/-/391/11819399?codes=INDEED