Job description The Manager, Safety Services will provide strategic and day-to-day direction, leadership oversight, feedback and development to the salaried and O&T Cast in the development, implementation and sustainment of the high severity and high frequency safety programs for their designated business. This role is required to use sound technical judgment to perform and lead others in the identification, assessment, analysis and solving a broad spectrum of safety issues across a diverse group of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts businesses.
- The role will be required to drive results by leading the team in development of strategies designed to eliminate or reduce loss exposures and drive compliance within a designated business area.
- Guides an assigned team in the implementation of safety programs, performing job task analysis, analyzing injury and illness trend data, evaluating safety performance, and identifying opportunities to continuously improve safety performance.
- Defines team responsibilities and assignments and approves annual team member strategies.
- Assigns work tasks and duties, provides leadership follow through, gathers and synthesizes team input to formulate recommended action plans and analyze data/trends to drive incident reduction and hazard mitigation.
- The Manager is also responsible for driving continuous performance improvement, reviewing source material (rules, codes, laws and standards) and identifying and sharing industry practices.
- Services as primary contact with client senior executives.
- Must be knowledgeable of applicable safety standards and when necessary, be able to perform and lead others in resolving complex issues outside of established regulations.
- Required to develop strong relationships and work as part of a team within a fast paced, matrix environment with all levels of leadership and employees.
- Operations include but are not limited to, manufacturing, production, warehouse, food and beverage, lodging, construction and entertainment/theatrical.
- Exceptional candidates will have a proven track record of independently and/or leading a team in driving above average incident reduction results achieved through the development and implementation or targeted safety strategies and tactics.
- 12+ years of industrial safety experience required in a related field (petro chemical, construction, maintenance, manufacturing, hospitality, entertainment/theatrical, transportation, distribution/warehouse).
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and industry standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics and identify trends.
- Proven project management experience.
- Self-driven and resourceful professional with the ability to solve problems outside area of expertise.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to operate within an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Proven strong planning, organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse difficult situations.
- Demonstrated strong consultative influencing skills.
- Ability to manage projects to completion.
- Proven experience in training delivery.
- Proven experience leading high performance teams with direct reports.
- Basic ergonomic, industrial hygiene or food safety experience.
- Bi-lingual language skills.
- 4 year degree
- 4 year degree in Occupational Safety or related Engineering discipline
- Advanced degree in Occupational Safety or related Engineering discipline
- Certifications: CSP, CIH, CPE, or PE
If interested, apply at the following website.
About Disneyland Resort When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day. About The Walt Disney Company The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished. This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.