Join the Reyes team and become a part of an established Heavy Civil General Contracting firm. Reyes has variety of clients including the U.S. Navy, Ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach and San Diego, Army Corps of Engineers, and various counties and cities projects. Our past projects include a wide range of Heavy Civil Construction. General Description:
The Safety Director Position will plan, direct, implement, and oversee the company’s Safety Program including development of site safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe, healthy and accident free work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement risk management, safety policies and procedures in compliance with all federal, state, county and local rules and regulations, including MSDS requirements, for both field and office operations
- .Remain current on federal, state, county and local safety regulations. Keep management informed of new or revised regulations and their projected impact
- Perform construction site audits and provide recommendations for hazard abatement.
- Support multiple field safety mangers in ensuring each construction project is conducting operations in a safe manner for the protection of our employees, clients, subcontractors and the public.
- Develop and implement site / project specific safety plans. Effectively communicate with project teams.
- Review subcontractor pre-qualification documentation to ensure acceptable safety records and communicate with Project Managers.
- Provide safety mentoring to sub-contractors
- .Act as the corporate contact for any federal, state or municipal safety or risk management authority and / or personnel, including but not limited to OSHA.
- Develop pre-job hazard analysis to prepare for construction.
- Reduce job hazards and ensure a safe working environment. Assist in identifying cause of unsafe conditions and injury claims
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, safe equipment operating techniques and emergency prevention for job sites and office.
- Implement / oversee safety incentive programs
- Provide corrective action recommendations and assist in implementing metrics for tracking and reporting on performance issues.
- Conduct, assist and coordinate training.
- Conduct and / or assist with new hire orientation and safety meetings.
- Administer company Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and project specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- Manage and oversee motor vehicle fleet safety program.
- Record and compile data, update logs, and monitor equipment maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with corporate worker’s compensation program including working with internal personnel and 3rd party administrators / legal counsel to effectively investigate and resolve claims in a cost-effective manner.
- Conduct accident, injury, unsafe work condition investigations.
- Responsible for facilitating early return to work responsibilities for injured workers and provide meaningful light duty transitional opportunities.
- Represent the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Travel to various job sites as needed
- Team Leader
- Honest, respectful and trustworthy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Good listening skills
- Problem solver
- Strong work ethic
- Organized and detail oriented
- Desire to learn and use technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Occupational Health and Safety, other related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of Safety Management experience in the heavy civil construction industry
- Certified Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) and / or Certified Safety Professional(CSP)
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
If interested, please contact Theresa Hernandez, see below: