POSITION SUMMARY: Provide loss control and workplace safety consultation and OSHA compliance guidance to clients of varying sizes and complexities. The Risk & Safety Consultant requires a good knowledge of occupational safety, knowledge of occupational health and a working knowledge of state and/or Federal OSHA compliance regulations.
Effectively evaluate the client’s worksite to determine workplace hazards, evaluate the effectiveness of workplace hazard controls, provides recommendations to improve hazard control and improve workplace safety efforts. Assist clients with OSHA compliance. Provides clients with guidance with respect to their safety documentation needs and helps clients with compiling documentation needed for an effective injury and illness protection program. Provide onsite safety awareness training as mandated by OSHA regulations. Routinely assists clients with guidance on accident investigation protocols and loss analysis. Provides virtual safety awareness training to our client to increase product/service penetration and client retention.
Is an integral part of the client acceptance process. Works directly with our Sales Team. Conducts onsite risk and safety evaluations at prospective client locations and reports the results directly to the Client Acceptance team. Provides support to the Risk Audit team by proving information needed to properly class code client employees. Provides Service Excellence and works collaboratively with our other Client Service teams including our HR team and our Sales team.
- Client Assessment: Provide onsite safety consultation services to prospective clients and clients located within a defined geographic territory by conducting client interviews and onsite hazard assessment surveys to determine hazards and exposures associated with client business operations. Evaluate the effectiveness of the client’s controls of the hazards and exposures associated with the client’s operations. In addition provide clients with guidance on OSHA compliance.
- Service Plans: Provides client with guidance on applicable OSHA regulations and requirements for compliance. Creates and provides written recommendations to clients that suggest controls of workplace related safety hazards and exposures. Assists client with the implementation of plans.
- Training: Develop, modify and present safety awareness training at the client facility especially safety awareness trainings required to comply with OSHA regulations. In addition may conducts live-web-based safety awareness training using WebEx tools
- Prospective Client and Client Site Assessment Documentation: Documents the results of all client interactions using eRFP or RAMS in accordance with Risk department guidelines. Provide the client a summary of the results of all onsite visits via letter. Customizes the Risk & Safety model for individual clients and produces safety manuals
- Prospective Client Site Assessment aka Presurveys: Provide timely and proactive support to the PEO sales District Managers detailing by assisting our Client Acceptance department with prospective client underwriting by completing presurveys.
- Mentors, coaches and trains Safety Specialist associates to aid professional development. Provides input into the associate’s goals and performance appraisals
- Participate in special projects assigned by Director of Loss Control or designee
- Interface with internal associates including the General Manager, VP of Client Services, Client Retention Executive, Finance Executive, Director of Marketing, and Client Relationship Executives to assist with specific client issues directly related to Safety and Loss Prevention client services.
- Master’s Degree
- 8-12 years of experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Risk Management, or Related Field. Appropriate experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Graduate level degree preferred (MS, MBA)
- Current Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Certified Safety Professional( CSP), Associate Risk Management (ARM) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) required.
- 10+ years of practical loss control experience as Loss Control Representative working for an insurance carrier, other insurance-related business or Professional Employer Organization (PEO) or Administrative Service Offering (ASO).
If interested, please apply on company website: https://jobs.adp.com/job/9490349/risk-safety-consultant-iv-long-beach-ca/?utm_source=indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=krt&rb=INDEED