Our company, The American Equity Underwriters, Inc. (AEU) is interviewing candidates for an opening we have in Southern California. The position is Loss Control Manager. AEU is an insurance underwriter that provides U.S. Longshore & Harbor Workers Compensation insurance to covered industries across the United States. We are based in Mobile, Alabama and have 1300 insureds. Our website is www.amequity.com.
Here is some basic information regarding the position:
Work with companies that we insure to improve their safety program by:
- Conducting loss control audits and providing recommendations for improvement
- Conducting management training in incident prevention
- Advising insureds how to comply with federal and state safety regulation
- Providing resources to companies such as written loss prevention programs, guidance documents, sample safety programs, customized training material
- Evaluating safety management systems and providing feed back to management.
- Other duties include reporting to AEU management and underwriting regarding the insured’s safety program and compliance with recommendations.
The ideal candidate would have approximately 10 years experience and have worked in the maritime industry. We will consider other similar qualifications. We can provide additional information such as salary and benefits.
Interested persons should contact James Burgin, Senior Vice President – Director of Loss Control at M: 251.454.9208 or email@example.com