Job description Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Composite Materials combines 50 years of technology heritage to bring a comprehensive product portfolio, expertise in material design, and extensive process engineering solutions to our customers. As the partner of choice for advanced materials development, we deliver optimal material solutions to address our customers’ most challenging demands for new high-performance materials to improve durability and production, while offering weight savings for the end application.
Job Overview And Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing various Health, Safety, Environmental and Security activities for the Orange, CA site.
- Provides HSE leadership and technical support to GBU California manufacturing leadership teams and will drive and ensure key X HSE strategies and continuous HSE performance improvement.
- Serve as the primary HSE contact for the Orange site.
- Member of site’s leadership team that provides HSE technical support, guidance and compliance within HSE.
- Implements HSE programs, drives best practices.
- Conduct internal audits of site HSE programs to determine compliance and or the need for program changes.
- Responsibility will be to establish as a minimum, compliance with government standards (OSHA, EPA etc.) and Solvay HSE standards.
- Develop relationships with other GBU HSE departments, the GBU HSE group as well as Solvay HSE corporate personnel
Education and Experience
- Min 4 years’ experience in a HSE specialist/HSE leadership position.
- BS in Engineering, Safety, Environmental or related required.
- Safety Certification is a plus (CSP)
- Technical Knowledge – Working Knowledge of HSE government standards and CA state regulations.
- Experienced in leading cross functional teams in problem resolution.
- Proven Leader – has demonstrated leadership skill in previous HSE positions
- Change agent – proven track record of supporting/driving significant organizational change towards HSE performance.
If interested, apply at this website: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/879351210/