Please send resume/questions to Donna at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for the administration and monitoring of company environmental health and safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Assists with the development and delivery of environmental health and safety training. Inspects and assesses the company’s multifamily development, construction, residential units and ancillary services with the goal of evaluating risk and recommending corrective actions, policy revisions, and/or procedures to reduce loss and exposure.
Program Administration and Monitoring:
- Provides operational and program support for environmental health and safety programs.
- Carries out technical administration and monitoring of respiratory program, lockout/tag out, hot works, hazard communication, injury and illness prevention program, ergonomics and emergency action plans.
- Monitors the organization’s operations and maintenance programs for all known environmental hazards (ACM, LBP, IAQ).
- Maintains databases for all environmental testing, disturbance, abatement and operation and maintenance history.
- Assists with hazardous waste management operations and compliance.
- Evaluates environmental health and safety issues and makes recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Conducts environmental audits and property inspections to assess risk.
- Responds to field problems and questions from on‐site employees, residents and corporate staff.
- Assists with the coordination, development and presentation of all OSHA mandated employee environmental health and safety training programs, including new hire orientation, hazard communication, IIPP/SB198, PPE, respiratory, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining employee safety training and medical monitoring database records.
- Supports the Environmental Health and Safety Manager with all environmental abatement activities, including on‐site job walks, inspections and ensuring contractors are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Typical projects include asbestos, lead‐based paint, and issues pertaining to indoor air quality such as fungal contamination.
- Coordinates environmental testing of building materials, environmental site assessments (Phase I& II), and special projects relating to safety issues
- Responds to emergency calls as related to environmental health and safety issues.
- Assists in the research of various regulations (OSHA, EPA, SCAQMD, DOT, etc.) to determine applicability and compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The preceding functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required of this position.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in environmental health and safety.
- Must maintain current certification as an ACM Building Inspector and Management Planner.
- Familiarity with Cal OSHA regulations pertaining to employee safety training and safe work environment and with SCAQMD regulations for working with asbestos.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain acceptable driving record pursuant to insurance underwriting guidelines established by Company’s insurance carrier.
- Access to a reliable car with ability to travel covering territory of Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties.
** Full copy of job description available upon request**