The incumbent will be responsible for the management and overall direction and oversight of EHS programs, strategy, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the facility.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Five (5) or more years of EHS management experience, preferably in manufacturing environments
- Demonstrated success in a Behavior Based Safety environment
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive EHS processes and programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of the safety requirements of a research laboratory
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- Professional Certification (CIH, CSP, CBSP, CHP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- ISO / OHSAS / VPP experience
- Partner with plant and operations leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead, develop and manage local EHS staff members
- Lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (waste, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Manage budgetary responsibilities
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a brief summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed.
Response Instructions: Qualified candidates can apply via our website consentiumsearch.com or send their resume to Resumes@consentiumsearch.com referencing the job number listed. Due to candidate volume, we ask, no phone calls please unless if you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US, please call 973-577-7575
Reminder: All potential candidates must already be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
Relocation available within the US, Job 1181 at consentiumsearch.com. This is just ONE of the over 30 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide, many of which are confidential and not listed on our website.There is never any fee or contract for a candidate. All fees are paid by our corporate clients who have hired us to find you!