We are currently seeking an Environment, Health and Safety Manager to support EHS compliance and select EHS initiatives (e.g. ISO 14001) our R&D facility based in Irvine, CA.
In particular you can expect to:
- Ensure federal, state and local legislative compliance
- Develop/ implement EHS standard operating procedures
- Develop risk identification and reduction awareness and methods
- Develop/ conduct EHS training
- Prepare/ submit all EHS related federal, state and local reports
- Evaluate the effectiveness and compliance of the program through self-audits, product and regulatory changes
- Support other locations as needed.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Meaningfully impact the company’s short-term and long-term success
- Work closely with executives across the organization
- Grow your role as you see fit
- Learn everything there is to know about respiratory medical device manufacturing
- Create an inspiring workplace
To be successful, you will need:
- 5-7 years experience managing EHS programs that meet the requirements of the State of California EHS regulations
- Experience with ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to build consensus and influence others.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented: a change agent who proactively drives EHS awareness and communicates best practices and promotes an autonomous EHS culture.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in safety, engineering, science or similar program
- Professional certification (e.g. Certified Safety Professional, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager) is a plus
Vyaire Medical is a unified breathing company that focuses on improving the lives of those treated with our devices. We are a recognized leader in the Respiratory Diagnostics, Ventilation, and Anesthesia Delivery & Patient Monitoring market segments. Vyaire Medical is also the largest pure-play company of its kind.
We empower our people to challenge the status quo while pioneering innovation and to continually provide solutions that restore and maintain patients’ vitality and independence, while also increasing our value to our clients. To learn more, visit our website: www.vyaire.com
Please apply on our company web site: https://kingston.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/1/job/Irvine-CA/Environmental-Health—Safety-Manager_R-000298