Job Summary & Essential Functions
Coordinates the environmental health and safety function for a complex manufacturing operation. The EHS Intern will work under the close supervision and direction of the EHS Regional Manager. Implements health and safety programs to comply with local, state and federal regulations. Attends and coordinates accident investigation and resolution of work-related injuries, as well as complying with Worker’s Compensation, General Industry Standards, Workplace Monitoring, and Emergency Response requirements. Assists with the detailed technical activities involved with the management of hazardous materials and chemicals. Completes tasks to comply with all environmental standards, including: air quality regulations and Title V Air Permit; Industrial Sewer Discharge Permit and Storm water Permit; Hazardous Waste regulations (State and Federal), Regulatory Reporting, etc. (as applicable). Completes EHS program tasks as required including:
- Prepares a site annual health and safety plan
- Assists the plant safety team in meeting objectives
- Assists with Incident response chemical spills and other emergencies
- Ensures all incidents are promptly investigated, and ensuring appropriate corrective/preventive actions are taken
- Reports on metrics to the regional EHS manager on EHS performance
- EHS Training coordinator
- Utilizes the facility compliance calendar and ensuring all regulatory, Corporate, and other (i.e. customer) deadlines are met
- Supports customer requests for information (EHS Surveys, REACH etc.)
Required Skills & Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job.
- Responsibilities will include ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations, with knowledge of state requirements; assisting with the Workers Compensation program; facilitating the site’s safety program; and participating in the facility’s Emergency Response Team.This is a hands-on position and the selected candidate will work closely with the operations and maintenance to resolve facility environmental health and safety issues in a timely manner.
- Working with all supervisors and managers on safety and environmental issues within the facility.
- Ability to learn the use of monitoring equipment, such as: Velometer, Sound Meter, Drager Vapor Detection Pump, Conductivity Meter, Gas Detection Meter, etc.
- Standing, lifting, and bending, pushing, pulling, grasping, stooping and repetitive motion may be required periodically.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
Required Experience/Education/Training/Certifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.0-12 months of experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in environmental health and safety programs and processes in manufacturing/industrial environments.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written), able to work in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of PC/network systems pertaining to OSHA and EPA (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access).
- Ability to research and learn local, State and Federal Environmental Health and Safety Laws and Regulations.Ability to develop and update spreadsheets to complete emission and other calculations to prepare technical reports
- Organized recordkeeping
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Safety glasses, safety shoes and other designated personal protective equipment as required for the position.
If interested, apply at the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1065327929/