“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen! As a member of the Worldwide Safety team, you will partner and interact with various departments on the coordination of cast and guest safety.
Provide Support To Manager And Team And Assist With The Completion Of a Variety Of Responsibilities That Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Assist in safety, health and sanitation/food safety audits, report findings, assist in development of corrective action plans.
- Conduct field surveys such as indoor air quality, noise dosimetry, ventilation surveys, etc., report out on findings, develop and follow up on mitigations.
- Develop JSA’s to determine site-specific safety requirements such as engineering controls, equipment specifications, machine guarding requirements, personal protective equipment, training, and other controls.
- Attend and assist with leading safety and wellness committee meetings.
- Attend and assist with development of safety and wellness educational offerings.
- Assist with incident investigations, developing mitigations, and evaluating/following up.
- Evaluating incident and near miss trend data and making recommendations for and developing mitigation strategies
- Attend design review meetings and provide feedback on safety and health requirements.
- Assisting with special projects
- Assist in maintaining documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Guest/Customer Services background
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with SharePoint
- Ability to work flexible hours; occasional 2nd and 3rd shift according to business need
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to climb ladders, occasionally work at heights, work in low light conditions
- Must possess a valid U. S. driver’s license
- Successful completion of the Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Park Operations cast member on previous College Program
- Successful completion of the Engineering Professional Development Studies class at Disney
- Safety, Environmental or Industrial Hygiene in a Bachelor’s degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university
- Junior, Senior or Graduate Student
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Please, no rounding) as shown on a transcript (provide a recent transcript when applying)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess a valid US driver’s license
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Anaheim, CA
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 – January 2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is February 8, 2019.Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
If interested apply at the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1052106632/