Stanford University has an outstanding opportunity to join their EHS management team as their Director of Research Safety. The incumbent will be responsible for the management and overall direction and oversight of Research Safety programs, strategy, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the university’s mission. In addition to providing routine EH&S program management services, staff are to provide support as needed during University emergencies. All EH&S staff must comply with governmental regulations, and University and departmental policies and procedures regarding health and safety and must observe and support good health and safety practices.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- 10 or more years of EHS management experience
- Demonstrated success developing junior staff members and ensure strong leadership in all supervised areas
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive EHS processes and programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of the safety requirements of a research laboratory
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- Professional Certification (CIH, CSP, CBSP, CHP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Seven or more years of EHS experience in an academic or research setting
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- ISO / OHSAS / VPP experience
- Direct, design, develop, and oversee the implementation of the overall activities of Research Safety (which includes Biosafety & Security, Laboratory Chemical & Physical Safety, and Radiation Safety Programs), and allocate appropriate staffing and other resources to achieve the objectives.
- Provide leadership direction to managers in their execution of the Biosafety & Security, Laboratory Chemical & Physical Safety, and Radiation Safety Programs.
- Develop capabilities of research safety staff, and ensure strong leadership of within subprograms within Research Safety.
- Provide oversight and guidance to managers of the Biosafety & Security, Laboratory Chemical & Physical Safety, and Radiation Safety Programs regarding the maintenance and control of their unit’s financial budgets.
- Advise leadership on the impact to research of legislative and regulatory changes; develop appropriate strategy to address situation.
- Create and deliver training for laboratory-related topics; conduct laboratory incident investigations and lessons learned; and develop/revise and deliver integrated laboratory safety programs and services.
If interested, please send your updated resume along with your salary requirements (not salary history) to Michele at: MStang@consentiumsearch.com.