Position Summary The Director of Environmental Health and Safety is responsible for providing strategic leadership of the environmental department and tactical management of all environmental and safety regulations. Including establishment, compliance and reporting of associated training programs. The position has both functional oversight responsibilities and geographic oversight responsibilities. The position is accountable for maintaining the physical assets of ICAC’s quality standards in a manner consistent with At Our Core values. Job Duties
- Supervise Project Managers, Safety Manager, to ensure proper care and maintenance of all assets through various onsite inspections and support capital replacement programs for the portfolio.
- Reports to the VP of Maintenance Operations to execute company-wide strategic initiatives to achieve business goals.
- Hold functional oversight responsibility for:
- Hazardous Material Management including Asbestos, Lead, WQMP, Mold and Moisture, Radon, Legionella, VOC, air pollutants, chemical, and dewatering regulation compliance
- Cross Divisional Environmental and Safety meetings and initiatives
- Hazardous Material Building Plans, Emergency Response Plans,
- Safety program management, injury reporting and tracking, training compliance, Liability claims with risk management, FM Global reporting.
- Administrative oversight for permits, annual renewals, and governmental regulatory reporting
- Identify root causes of budget and key performance indicator variance, create and implement action plans.
- Work in partnership with Community Management to ensure Service Teams are aligned with the right priorities, properly trained and supported.
- Collaborate with Development and Reinvestment teams to review and advise on design and construction standards.
- Partner with Training Department to implement training modules for maintenance service teams that drive improvement in operating performance.
- Promotes a safe work environment; assists in ensuring all staff complete required safety training and implements safe work practices.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project and Visio a plus
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years management experience in commercial, hotel, office building or multi-family real estate.
- Have a general understanding of construction trades related to: mold remediation, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, roofing, landscape, drywall, insulation, glazing, waterproofing, and HVAC.
- Prior property management or construction experience, property maintenance skills; basic knowledge of tools; sales and customer service skills; public relations; computer literacy; detail oriented and organized; ability to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and management.
- General understanding of the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) regulations and Cal OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) regulations
- Hazardous material experience related to abatement and management of asbestos, lead based paint, and mold.
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel, Google.
If interested, click on this link to apply.