Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) should have comprehensive capability to perform all tasks of an Environmental CIH. CIH should have evolved into comprehensive understanding of environmental hazards (e.g. IAQ, Asbestos, Lead, HAZMAT, etc.) and be able to comprehend and evaluate analytical data. CIH should be able to have extensive communication skills to manage clients and other staff including training and management of field staff as it applies to the IH environment.
Certifications and Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required and master’s degree desired in industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety, public health or related field.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) Credentialed by the ACGIH.
- Demonstrated knowledge and background in the implementation of EPA, OSHA, ACGIH, ASHRAE, ANSI and other technical safety and health standards.
- Experience of at least five to ten years with asbestos, lead and mold/bacteria, etc; with proven track record of results.
- In-depth experience in industrial hygiene (IH), worker exposure issues, inspections, audits, assessments, corrective actions and safe work practices
- Minimum of five years training/experience in the environmental industry
- Comprehensive report and technical writing with the ability to comprehensively prepare and review reports.
- Effective and professional communication, sales and presentation skills.
- Possess an operating car, proper license, insurance and an operating cell phone
- Clean criminal record and driving record in good standing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other common business software.
- Ability to learn and use proprietary A-Tech systems.
- Ability to effectively operate mobile computer and communication devices.
Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC), Radon Certified, DPH certified Inspector/Assessor & Project Monitor and/or Certified Safety Professional Preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Competently performs environmental investigations for biological and chemical hazards and reviews of environmental reports and scopes of work.
- Evaluates complex laboratory and field data collected during the assessment of physical, chemical, biological or environmental stressors and interprets data into valid conclusions in written reports.
- Identifies and evaluate occupational exposures to workplace conditions potentially affecting worker health and safety.
- Develops recommendations to control exposures, using the hierarchy of controls.
- Performs industrial hygiene inspections, surveillance, and formal audits to ensure compliance with program requirements and as mandated by local, state and federal regulations.
- Direct/coordinates/manages or performs IH, safety, and IAQ Investigations and prepares reports.
- Prepares proposals and industrial hygiene sampling plans.
- Evaluates effectiveness of client’s safety & health programs.
- Competently performs mold/moisture assessments, mold remedial scope of work and clearances
- Maintains technical excellence, deep understanding of client’s needs, rigor in consulting quality and communication, and exceptional commitment to client satisfaction displaying A-Tech’s core values.
- Conducts effective investigation of serious incidents.
- Provides health and safety training.
- Displays excellent technical writing, time management, organizational and critical thinking skills
- Experience with field monitoring equipment for construction, remediation, or industrial hygiene assessments.
- Preferred to have a comprehensive understanding of Infection Control Protocols and how to implement them.
- Preferred to have understanding and experience with Legionella Water Management Plans.
- Have gained and continue to evolve in competency in environmental testing and reporting procedures such as Legionella, Radon, Construction Safety Monitoring, VOC testing, Noise Monitoring, and Biohazard Assessments, etc.
- Address complaints or concerns relating to workplace hazards or risks from employees or clients.
- Works productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis.
- Self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision or direction.
- Respond positively to direction and feedback on performance.
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Attend training and stay current on knowledge and applications of industrial hygiene
- Participates on projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Other Office Duties:
- Review field technician paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
- Produce and provide peer review of deliverables, e.g. reports, proposals, cost estimates and plans
- Dialogue with staff and clients regarding scheduling, project updates and issue processing
- Dialogue and handle technical questions and guide clients through difficult projects
- Assisting the sales team with proposal development for advanced services
- Partnering with sales staff to develop clients through networking and delivering high quality technical services to all new clients.
- Provide leadership, training, mentoring and support to all levels of the organization and serve as an industrial hygiene, microbial services, and indoor air quality subject matter expert
- CIH must remain clean shaven to appropriately retain seal on respirator.
- CIH is responsible to maintain all certifications in current status. Certifications and training is paid for by A-Tech but ensuring certifications remain up to date are the responsibility of the CIH. If Candidate allows certifications to expire, recertifying costs and time will be the sole responsibility of the CIH. Loss of certifications or accreditations for any reason can result in termination of employment or suspension until certifications are reinstated.
- CIH must maintain current respirator fit tests and required medicals annually. This is the responsibility of A-Tech to ensure these remain current and financial responsibility falls solely on A-Tech Consulting.
- CIH must be a leader and example to the team and understand and portray the values of A-Tech Consulting.
- Daily: Main Office in Orange, CA and/or Regional Project Site
- As-Needed: Job-site visits vary around Southern California from Ventura – San Diego Counties
- No Relocation compensation offered,
Travel: Company Vehicle, Company Gas Card, and/or Mileage Reimbursement, Necessary Air Travel Expenses & Per Diem
If interested, please send resume to Robert Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org