PRIMARY PURPOSE: To conduct complex investigations and on-site analysis to recognize, eliminate, and control occupational health hazards and diseases using experience and advanced education and training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conducts complex investigations and on-site analysis to recognize, eliminate, and control occupational health hazards and diseases.
• Collects samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
• Investigates adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that may affect occupant health, comfort, or efficiency.
• Inspects and evaluates work operations and processes to determine potential contaminate emission sources or related health hazards associated with workplace conditions.
• Conducts investigations of working conditions in places of employment for the prevention of occupational disease and industrial health hazards, with specific reference to toxins, noise, or harmful physical agents.
• Measures airborne concentrations of dust, gases and mists using air sampling tools and collections devices.
• Collects samples of work materials to detect and evaluate occupant exposure to toxic substances.
• Determines effectiveness of engineering control methods and makes recommendations regarding location, design, structure, operations, and maintenance of contaminant and physical agent control systems.
• Interprets rules and regulations to officials of industry and others.
• Consults with management, engineers, and other agencies regarding industrial health problems and solutions.
• Examines, for approval, plans and specifications of proposed contaminant and physical agent control. • Maintains records and prepares reports and correspondence.
Education & Licensing Bachelor’s degree in physical sciences, biological sciences, or engineering with an emphasis on environmental health, industrial hygiene, physiology, toxicology or biology from an accredited college or university preferred. Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
Board Certified through the American Industrial Hygiene Associate as Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Industrial Hygienist in Training (CIHT); or Board Certified through the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) as a Certified Safety Professional or Occupational Health and Safety Professional (OHST); or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) Certified in Mold
If you believe you are at this level and have the correct skills, please forward your CV on accordingly.Due to a large anticipated response, if you do not hear back from us within 14 days, please assume your application has not been successful.Apply in confidence – please send an updated copy of your resume firstname.lastname@example.org