We are looking for an experienced Industrial Hygienist to join our firm. We are a highly respected Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety consulting located in Southern California. This is a working level position, which requires significant training and experience in occupational safety and health rules, regulations, policies and procedures and industrial hygiene. A Senior Industrial Hygienist performs the most in-depth and complex assessments, inspections, and evaluations, in commercial, industrial, residential, academic, and governmental operations, including chemical, physical energy, microbiological and ergonomic stressors. He/she evaluates occupational safety and health programs, assists in development and improvement of programs, evaluates various occupational safety and health programs, develops and improves such programs, assists in developing and conducting occupational health and safety training programs, and will also oversee the work of subordinate Industrial Hygienists and Technicians on projects. The Senior Industrial Hygienist will be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, technical information on industrial hygiene matters to client representatives and other HSA staff, and perform other duties as required.
We offer a friendly, high performance, team-oriented work environment where professionals can grow amongst their respective peers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to expand their professional development in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
- This is an experienced senior level position working under general supervision. Positions at this level perform the more complex and sensitive duties in the occupational field.
- Manage project scope, schedule and staff for existing public and private sector clients.
- Supervise and conduct field work, provide staff mentorship and training, and provide quality control, training and support onsite and during preparation of technical reports.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene or demonstrated equivalent relevant experience/education.
2. 5+ years experience in industrial hygiene or occupational health.
3. Experience with occupational health and industrial hygiene policies, procedures, and standards.
4. Demonstrated expertise in industrial hygiene monitoring protocols, instrumentation and procedures.
5. Capable of performing independent industrial hygiene tasks, evaluations of occupational health exposure, et.al.
6. Capable of working independently and to carry out tasks with minimal supervision.
7. Must be familiar with most of the common industrial hygiene instrumentation.
8. Computer literate with working knowledge of common word processing, database and spreadsheet software applications. Ability to write Industrial Hygiene/Safety program documents and reports.
- B.S. degree or higher in Public Health and Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or any other relevant degree from an accredited school
- Licenses/Certifications:CIH certification and/or CSP, CAC, CDPH Lead certification(s) or eligibility preferred.
- Opportunities to create and/or give presentations to client and peer groups
- Membership and participation in recognized peer groups such as the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) and American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) is desired and encouraged.
- Willingness to travel occasionally and be available for night and weekend work, as needed.
If interested, please apply at the following website.
EHS Specialist I – Orange, CA
Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Incumbent provides technical and regulatory knowledge for operational support of the Environmental Health and Safety programs throughout the Medical Center including, but not limited to, Radiation Safety, Employee Safety, Chemical Safety, and Hazardous Materials. Determines daily work assignments and functional priorities; determines equipment usage and repairs; develops and submits routine regulatory reporting; facilitates investigations and risk assessments and proactively responds to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
Rate Minimum $57,400.00 Maximum $97,300.00
- Ability to communicate in person, with a wide range of people in an effective professional manner
- Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Environmental Health & Safety, business administration, economics, statistics, educational administration, political science, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
FEMA ISP Certifications
- Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job
- Must demonstrate strong organization skills and problem solving skills
- Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of assigned duties
- Two years of professional experience in a comprehensive environmental health and safety or related program
- Two years of professional experience in a comprehensive environmental health and safety program along with one year experience in a hospital emergency management program
- Certified Hospital Safety Professional (CHSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Demonstrated managerial/leadership experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience in administrative analysis; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs, including MS Office
If interested, please apply at http://careers.ucirvinehealth.org/jobs/3567969-eh-and-s-specialist-i-environmental-health-and-safety-f-slash-t-day-shift
Sr Safety Specialist – Anaheim
Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Are you a leader in Safety? Do you want to make an impact with our clients? We are looking for a Senior Safety Specialist to join our team, primarily in the Inland Empire. This role is critical to our business success.
- Client safety assessments and site visits
- Create safety programs and implement in conjunction with clients
- Analyze trends and formulate plans to minimize risks
- Incident investigations, audit site and advise on necessary actions to comply with OSHA, regulatory agencies and company policies.
- 3- 5 years of related full-time work experience in Safety
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Forklift Training and Certification
- Experience Occupational Safety Certification or related a plus
- Clean driving record
Job Type: Full-time Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Experience:Clean Driving Record: 2 years (Preferred)
Organizational Skills: 5 years (Preferred)Forklift: 3 years (Preferred)Regulations: 3 years (Preferred)Work Location:Multiple locations On the road
If interested, go to the following website.
Safety Manager – Santa Ana
Posted: Apr 16, 2019
The Safety Manager will work with and through management to ensure compliance with safety procedures. Develops, manages and maintains the company’s Safety Program promoting safe and healthful work practices for the protection of the employees The Safety Manager will work with employees at all levels of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate, administer, evaluate and prepare appropriate adjustments to our safety/health and property protection program.
- Prepare monthly reports (or as needed) to management on safety program progress, including strategic plans for reducing injury and incident frequency and severity.
- Maintain current incident record system, make incident reports, investigate incidents and make sure that timely corrective action is taken. Management must be regularly informed of progress on corrections and benchmark achievements.
- Assist in training all employees in safety and health matters. Safety Manager will maintain records of new employee safety orientation and all ongoing training programs. Training program elements and schedule will be based both on regulatory compliance and reduction in incidents and their costs.
- Perform hazard surveillance to discover and correct unsafe work practices before they cause accidents.
- Make certain that Federal (i.e., OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.), State, and local laws or codes are brought within and kept in compliance.
- Initiate and maintain safety-related communications in meetings and correspondence, and conduct activities that will stimulate the interest and maintain the accountability of employee safety.
- Develop and work with our safety committee to help them understand their role and responsibilities.
- Coordinate risk control consulting activity and support provided by the Risk Control Services and Claim departments.
- Coordinate prompt claims reporting and return-to-work activities with our insurance carrier and our preferred doctors.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- B.A/B.S. in Engineering or Safety Management preferred,
- 4-6 years of experience in safety
- Working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to read, write and understand the English language;
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Must be an effective trainer capable of creating and conducting training in both English and Spanish
- Must be able to work independently and make sound decisions concerning safety and risk management
- Ability to assemble and analyze safety incident data and routinely provide statistical information as requested in support of corporate reporting requirements;
- Exposure to quality systems, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001
- Paint/coating/chemical industry knowledge
- Experience working in aerospace manufacturing
ITAR Requirement: Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident). Physical Demands Physical Activity Rarely
If interested, please submit resume to Nora Rodriguez, PHR, SHRM-CP Director of Human Resources at the following e-mail address: NoraR@embee.com