At APTIM, we come to work each day knowing that we are making an impact on the world. Our work spans from safeguarding and maintaining critical infrastructure to helping communities recover from natural disasters, from empowering our armed forces and first responders to reducing carbon and energy use, and from making cities more resilient against the threats of climate change to restoring contaminated ecological systems.
We are currently seeking a Site Safety Manager for our San Diego, Ca Office. The Site Safety Manager will be responsible for implementing and maintaining all relevant APTIM Safety Programs in conjunction with client procedures to provide a safe and error free working environment during APTIM work activities. Includes presenting and maintaining required APTIM and client Safety training, maintaining close liaison with client Site Safety Representative and APTIM Corporate Safety Lead, and ensuring all required daily safety processes are implemented.
- Provide overall safety leadership, guidance and technical support to the APTIM Site Management team.
- Ensure implementation of the Site Safety Plan and applicable client procedures.
- Conduct Site Safety Orientations and Site Required Training to all APTIM personnel.
- Spending up to 80–90% of the time in the field coaching and correcting “At-Risk Behaviors.”
- Participate in and facilitate the APTIM Target Observation program; monitor and analyze safety observation trends and implement corrective actions designed to improve results.
- Ensure day-to-day safety work processes are followed (e.g., client Permits, required personal air monitoring, buddy system, wearing correct PPE in the operational areas and outside shops and fabrication areas.)
- Assists supervisors with compliance with the JSA process.
- Assisting Supervisors in developing and reviewing Activity Hazard Analyses and Review and Submit the AHAs to the client for acceptance.
- Assist Supervisors on daily walk-downs and weekly safety supervisor inspections.
- Facilitates proper incident investigations and injury management according to current Safety Plan and Site Safety and APTIM Expectations; communicate verbally and written initial incident notification to Site Safety and APTIM Management.
- Provide injury management leadership; case management, visits to clinic as needed. Following up with employee injury progress.
- Enter all accident, incident data in the APTIM Incident Management System (AIM).
- Ensures appropriate supply of proper PPE for workers, including respiratory protective equipment and facilitating FR clothing requirements.
- Maintain all recordkeeping documents to include accident/incident reports, injury logs, OSHA Logs, training records, and all other company and outage recordkeeping requirements.
- Assists in developing and maintaining site specific plans (e.g., Fall Protection, CSE, Lo/To, etc.)
- Ability to obtain DOD/US Navy Clearacne to access military bases.
- CIH, CSP or Safety & Health Degree
- 5-10 years of safety experience with at least 5 years working in hazardous waste, environmental remediation and/or construction.
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction/General Industry Safety Training Class
- Must speak, read and write fluent English.
- Willing to travel, available to report to work upon “short notice” (within 24 hours) and work weekends, nights and holidays as required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as moderate to advanced computer and presentation skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Additional Job Information
- APTIM is committed to providing a benefits package that accomplishes the primary purpose of our programs which is to protect and promote the health and financial well-being of our employees and their families. APTIM’s health care and insurance benefits include the following programs: medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, basic life insurance, optional life insurance, spouse life insurance, child life insurance, basic accidental death & dismemberment, optional accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability with optional buy-ups, employee assistance program, health care spending account, dependent care spending account, health savings account and business travel accident insurance for themselves and their eligible family members, per plan guidelines. Multiple voluntary benefits are available to employees for enrollment including critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, etc. APTIM also provides participation in a retirement program, paid absences such as vacation time (annual days determined by length of service) and sick leave to eligible employees in accordance with the APTIM sick pay policy and as required by law. The targeted salary for this position is $100,000 – 120,000/YR
- Alternate Locations
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Telecommuter Eligible
- Our Motto
- APTIM is a place where our people make a difference, not just a living.