COSTA MESA, CA /
ANDURIL – INTERNAL OPERATIONS – OFFICE OPERATIONS /
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist located in Santa Ana will be responsible for regulatory requirements relating to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements. They will work with engineers and technicians daily to ensure our sites meets all environmental, health and safety objectives.
- Recognize requirements and ensure compliance to safety programs and standards including: hazard communication, slip/trip/falls, fall protection, hot work, respiratory protection, lockout/tag-out (LOTO), machine guarding, power & hand-held tools, electrical, emergency response, and chemical management
- Experience with use of and training for scaffolding cranes, forklifts, booms & scissor lifts, lifting straps/slings, and fall protection equipment
- Identify workplace safety hazards and conditions for job-related tasks
- Create and maintain job hazard analyses and personal protective equipment (PPE) assessments
- Perform and document safety inspections
- Assist accident/incident investigations
- Document and follow through with corrective actions for identified unsafe conditions
- Develop, implement, and maintain Anduril standard operating procedures (SOP) as outlined by EPA, RCRA and any other applicable regulatory agency
- Responsible for hazardous and non-hazardous waste management, including DOT and RCRA
- Coordinate waste characterization and profiling
- Monitor, track and ensure company EPA hazardous waste records are completed accordingly
- Perform environmental compliance audits
- Prepare and update spill prevention control countermeasures (SPCC) as required
- Conduct and monitor the NPDES and other discharge permits/plans
- Hazardous and non-hazardous waste management including proper handling, labeling, and storage
- Monitor waste at satellite accumulation areas and move full containers to Central Accumulation Area
- + years of experience implementing and overseeing environmental, health and safety programs
- Ability to read and comprehend a variety of regulatory and technical materials
- Strong current knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Strong communication skills required to communicate to multiple user groups
- Capability to manage multiple activities/projects and deadlines
- Experience and the ability to conduct Environmental and Safety classes and manage EH&S meetings with the ability to follow-up
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled sites
- 30- hour OSHA (general or construction)
- Powered Industrial Truck Training experience
- ISO 14001 and/or 45001 experience
$72,000 – $108,000 a year
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!