About the job
At Royal Electric Company we provide expert electrical design, construction, and service with builders, contractors and facility owners who value relationships, trust, expertise, and a commitment to each other towards achieving exceptional results.
We are able to sustain this through our linking values of expertise, collaboration, integrity, passion, and loyalty. These values support our core purpose; to build great relationships, one project at a time!
We have a current opening for a Field Safety Manager in Southern California.
The Field Safety Manager ensures compliance with safety standards, implementation of safety policies and procedures, provides safety leadership, and works with management to improve overall safety performance.
Success in the position is achieved through the following duties & responsibilities:
- Perform field visits at jobsites; assess and monitor safe practices and assist in fostering safety culture.
- Coach field supervision and crews on safe practices.
- Develop job specific safety plans, assist foreman/superintendent in the development of job hazard analysis.
- Review project specs and subcontracts to identify project specific safety obligations.
- Develop and maintain relationship with client and project safety representatives
- Ensure documentation and execution of safety policies; program reporting, execution of JHA, Toolbox Talks, Daily Safety Meetings, etc.,
- Conduct any new and/or ongoing required safety related training; Confined Space, Fall Protection, Excavation, Forklift, NFPA 70E, jobsite specific, etc.
- Conduct incident investigation, ensure corrective actions/lessons learned are identified and completed.
- A minimum of 5 years of vertical, tunnel, or heavy civil construction experience
- BCSP CHST Credential or Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) designation
- Excellent communication, organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Ability to work effectively with all construction groups, management, owners, trades, vendors, subs.
- Ability to perform on-site safety responsibilities; recognize hazardous situations and recommend corrective measures, managing/administering safety training, orientations, procedures, investigating/reporting injuries, illnesses, near misses.
- Ability to travel to various jobsite locations and other states
- Ability to partner with other remote teams successfully, effectively, and cohesively while at jobsites.
- OSHA Construction Outreach Certification preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Ability to be badged at airport
- Night Shift/Swing Shift scheduling potential