US-CA-San DiegoJob ID 2022-9812
STA Pharmaceutical US LLC, a WuXi AppTec Company, is a contract development and manufacturing organization focused on providing high-quality process development, R&D, GLP Tox lots and up to P1/ P2 GMP small molecule manufacturing services to the biopharmaceutical industry.
We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for supporting EHS compliance and risk management at our San Diego Campus. This campus includes the STA (Pharmaceutical R&D) and HD Biosciences (Biology and in vitro testing) divisions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential
- Develops written programs as needed to clearly define procedures and policy requirements for all EHS program elements
- Leads and conducts employee training and emergency preparedness programs
- Will develop and maintain a training matrix to define training methods and requirements for all program elements
- Assist with EHS audits / inspections, and providing recommendations for corrective actions
- Assist with EHS management systems development, including drafting of standard operating procedures, guidance documents, and training programs
- Assist labs with implementation of SOP’s or compliance with existing SOP’s
- Assist with the management of hazardous waste, including waste characterization, satellite area inspections, and training
- Assist with industrial hygiene related projects, including personal air sampling, indoor air quality assessment, surface wipe sampling, qualitative assessments, etc.
- Assist with incident and near miss investigations and metric tracking
- Be able to understand and articulate the business drivers aligned with safety strategy
Experience / Education
- 4+ years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Science discipline required, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene is preferred
- Preferred CHMM, CSP, CIH
- Experience maintaining and managing day-to-day health, safety, emergency response, and environmental compliance and security activities.
- Previous experience in Environmental, safety, Emergency Response and Haz-Mat.
- Previous experience implementing policies and procedures that are protective of the environment, personnel, equipment and business interests, including the leading of culture change required to embrace those policy and procedure changes.
- Experience evaluating, providing advice and implementing solutions due to complexities of health, safety, training and industrial hygiene issues.
- Experience with radioactivity and formal OSHA & Safety training
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic, algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Ability to record data accurately and legibly.
- Ability to use judgement as dictated by the complexity of the situation.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to receive, comprehend and to effectively communicate detailed information through verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Travel is required 10% , Domestic
WuXi AppTec requires all employees, both Field and Office-based, to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by February 9, 2022 or undergo weekly COVID-19 testing as set forth in WuXi AppTec’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, unless they are eligible for an exemption from the vaccination or testing requirements based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. If you are offered employment with WuXi AppTec, you will be required to provide acceptable proof of your COVID-19 vaccine (if applicable) no later than 8 days before your first day of employment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Online Application Link: https://careers-wuxiapptec.icims.com/jobs/9812/senior-specialist%2c-environmental%2c-health-%26-safety/login