EHS Specialist Trainee, initially in Pittsburgh, PA and then plant assignment, Job 1531
Our client, a major international manufacturing firm, is recruiting for a EHS Specialist Trainee in initially in Pittsburgh, PA and then plant assignment. This is a full-time position as an employee of our client and REQUIRES commuting to or living in the Initially in Pittsburgh, PA and then plant assignment area. This is position CANNOT be worked from a remote setting; HOWEVER, relocation assistance within the US is available.
Reporting to the EHS Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the management and overall direction and oversight of EHS programs, strategy, and staff activities along with related organizational performance standards to support the facility.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Knowledge of leading and lagging KPIs resulting in driving health and safety metrics lower and/or knowledge of multi-media environmental programs
- Knowledge of ISO / VPP certified, and/or LEAN facility and/or Behavior Based Safety environment
Additional Preferred (not required) Competencies:
- A completed internship or one (1) or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing environments
- Professional Certification (GSP, ASP, COSS, CSD, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Ability to relocate within the US after completing initial 12-18 month training cycle
- Partner with plant operations leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Participate and/or lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
- Participate and/or lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Participate and/or lead multi-media environmental compliance including, but not limited to: Water (SPCC, storm); Waste (hazardous and non-hazardous); Air (internal respiratory and external emissions)
- Build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Participate and/or lead Continuous Improvement initiatives regarding EHS policies and programs
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.
This is just ONE of over 50 current EHS positions we are recruiting for nationwide; many are confidential and not listed on our website. Follow our job announcements at https://lnkd.in/eFVKAnc and Twitter.com/Consentium or our LinkedIn Work Group at https://lnkd.in/e2ZG-Mj