Environmental, Health and Safety Project Manager in Torrance, CA
Are you an EHS professional who has 7 or more years of experience leading EHS program development and implementation in manufacturing facilities? Do you have experience in both leading and participating on interdepartmental Project Management teams?
Our client, a major Tier 1 aerospace supplier, is recruiting for an Environmental, Health and Safety Project Manager in Torrance, CA. This is a full-time position as an employee of our client and REQUIRES commuting to or living in the Torrance, CA area. This position CANNOT be worked from an offsite location.
Reporting to the site EHS Manager, the incumbent will join a team of five other EHS professionals and be responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of EHS programs throughout this 800-person facility, working on interdepartmental Project Management teams to ensure that EHS issues are addressed when new equipment, processes, programs, and hiring is enacted. This will allow the other team members to concentrate on current operational safety and environmental concerns.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering, Business, Industrial Management or related discipline
- Seven (7) or more years of EHS management experience, preferably in manufacturing or chemical environments
- Demonstrated success designing, directing and managing comprehensive federal and California state and local multimedia Environmental processes and programs including, but not limited to, CAA, CWA, RCRA
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
Preference will be given to those candidates who, in addition to the minimum requirements above, possess one or more of the following:
- Demonstrated success in an ISO and/or LEAN facility
- 10 or more years of EHS management experience in manufacturing environments
- Professional Safety Certification (CIH, CSP, CHP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Professional Project Management (PMP) certification
- MBA or Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with the EHS team and plant leadership and serve as the EHS Project Management leader/representative on interdepartmental teams
- Align corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Lead Continuous Improvement initiative regarding EHS policies and programs
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skillsets, and experiences are needed.