CEO RISK MANAGEMENT
THIS RECRUITMENT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
This recruitment will establish an open eligible list that will be used to fill current and future Senior Safety Specialist positions and may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange.
The Risk Management Office seeks an experienced Senior Safety Specialist professional who has the drive to learn, take initiative and has enthusiasm for changing culture. The Senior Safety Specialist will possess deeper technical skills than expected of a Safety Specialist and is expected to conduct advanced level project-related work.
Primary responsibilities may include the following:
- Act as the primary liaison for the County’s safety division in proactively managing and implementing countywide initiatives to maintain compliance with regulatory and county safety standards
- Lead and coordinate the roll-out/implementation of assigned countywide safety projects or tasks such as enterprise database systems, contractor safety programs, Americans with Disability Act Title II initiatives, training development and Industrial Hygiene programs. Conduct complex safety assessments, including for high hazard activities
- Review, develop and update the countywide safety plans and programs, safety policies and procedures
- Analyze data to evaluate and track trends, program effectiveness, root-causes and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate and analyze organizational needs to improve and address gaps in training and safety courses, designing relevant content and developing measurable training strategies and delivery methods using latest learning theories
- Provide assistance leading safety program audit teams
- Assist in training and mentoring Safety Specialists
|THE CONTACT INFO:|
|Ivonne NunezHuman Resource Services714-347-8385 │ firstname.lastname@example.org|