July 28, 2021
Are you a seasoned safety management professional who wants to make a difference? Do you have the ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team of managers and staff working on multiple projects that help our policyholders make their workplaces safe?
State Compensation Insurance Fund has an opening for a Vice President of Loss Prevention in Southern California who will oversee field management/staff.
As the Vice President of Loss Prevention you will be responsible for managing a team of managers and senior staff that delivers onsite safety services for our Southern California policyholders. You will have the ability to create innovative approaches that make a difference in making workplaces safe. In addition, you will be responsible to:
- Oversee the Southern management team who supervise loss prevention professionals
- Assist management in supervising, evaluating and monitoring the training of loss prevention staff
- Serve as a technical resource and subject matter expert
- Oversee the analysis of effectiveness of programs
- Provide support for development of policies and procedures and provide support to management
- One year of experience in CA State Service as a Senior Safety Engineer, Senior Industrial Hygienist, District Manager Division of Occupational Safety, or Area Manager CAL/OSHA Consultation Service OR
- Three years of experience in CA State Service as an Associate Safety Engineer or Associate Industrial Hygienist OR
- Five years of experience as a safety engineer or industrial hygienist with responsibility organizing and administering a comprehensive safety or industrial hygiene program, one year serving in an administrative or supervisor capacity over the work safety engineers or industrial hygienists AND
- Graduation from college in a field related to occupational safety and health (specific majors listed on CalHR)
For more information on the Minimum Qualifications, please visit https://www.calhr.ca.gov/state-hr-professionals/Pages/3871.aspx
Preferred Skills you bring to the position:
- Knowledge of California worker compensation industry
- Knowledge of insurance carrier/broker relationships
- Knowledge of Cal OSHA safety regulations
- Advanced certifications such as ARM, CSP
- Ability to travel within Southern California and to statewide meetings
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
This position is a teleworking management position which must be located in the Southern California region.
***TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE FOLLOW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS ON THE OFFICIAL BULLETIN FOUND ON WWW.JOBS.CA.GOV: https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=261929