Date: July 21, 2021
Location: Anaheim, CA, US, 92803
Job responsibilities include: Manage plant areas by leading and coordinating continuous improvement activities for EHS&S, quality, and cost/productivity.
- Provides safety programs and policies.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of site specific procedures, work as a team member with Area Safety Teams & Committees.
- Conduct program and policy reviews and provide recommendations for program improvements.
- Develop new programs or update existing programs and policies as required.
- Provide plant wide leadership and influence to improve organizational safety performance
Environmental, Health, Safety, & Security Reporting
- Primary contact for governmental reporting agencies and assures that EHS, RCMS & PSM requirements are clearly defined and adhered to by departmental managers.
- Maintain/achieve site VPP star status by ensuring EHS&S compliance with PSM regulations.
- Participates in safety procedure/program reviews and updates.
- Identification of trends in incidents and near miss reports and ensures actions are completed to address root causes in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding state and federal regulation and best practices.
- Provide plant employee safety training.
- Develop, prioritize and implement training projects or programs to protect people, processes, products and environment from exposures to injury, risk or economic loss.
- Assist conducting plant wide safety meetings on various safety topics to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conduct with new hire safety orientation to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Develop targeted safety training projects as requested.
- Lead, direct, and coordinate safety, environmental health, Responsible Care, training and loss control activities toward continuous improvement.
- Provides and supports safety leadership to all plant functions, to develop proactive approaches, to safety and to achieve plant and company goals and objectives.
- Provide assistance during plant turnarounds, and other construction/repair projects.
- Serve as the site’s Security Officer ensuring compliance with MTSA standards
- 5-7 years of experience in EHS &S in a manufacturing environment is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Environmental Management or related field is required
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.