Location: Irvine, California
Date: July 9, 2021
The role of the HSE Construction Consultant is integral in ensuring customer satisfaction and the profitable growth of Chubb Global Risk Advisors (CGRA). We work with our clients to understand their specific needs and provide customized solutions with projects ranging from small commercial to heavy civil, oil & gas, bridges, tunnels, high-rise and more.
This role regularly interfaces with all levels of HSE operations, CGRA Sales and Marketing, Contractors, OCIP’s and CCIP’s, Chubb Underwriting, and broker partners. This role will provide Health, Safety, and Environmental consultative services to assigned clients in a specific territory. Travel required to support Chubb Global Risk Advisors clients regionally and occasionally throughout the US.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists clients in the development and implementation of written HSE policies, programs and practices.
- Work as an individual consultant or as a member of a team to conduct HSE audits and assessments to provide best practice risk avoidance and mitigation recommendations and techniques.
- Develop and deliver technical safety and health training.
- Conducts risk evaluation surveys pre-and post-bind, to assist in the underwriting process of new and renewal business. Evaluate compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Prepare technically detailed reports providing a clear assessment of risk and appropriate recommendations.
- Assist clients on implementation of Safety and Health programs and audit recommendations.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders that may include underwriters, brokers/agents, and clients.
- Performs special assignments and projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum 7 years of Construction Safety and Health Consulting safety experience supporting customers across multiple industries.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years working for or directly with a heavy civil contractor.
- BS degree in safety related sciences, engineering, related field, or equivalent.
- CHST designation essential, ASP, CSP, ARM, and CRIS strongly desired.
- Must be an OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer (OSHA 10-30 hour)
- Expertise in safety and health compliance, practices, problem solving and verification.
- Must be able to understand the processes related to heavy civil work, understand the hazards associated with the phases of and best practice mitigation techniques.
- Possesses understanding and application of risk control principles and techniques as it relates to Hazard/Exposure Identification, Analysis, Control, Risk Assessment and Management.
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations and recognized safe work practices is required.
- May be required to pass a Federal security clearance, e.g. SIDA (Security Identification Display Area) or SWAC (Secure Worker Access Consortium) for access to secure areas and sites.
- Ability to access remote job locations, climb ladders to inspect elevated work sites, work at heights and traverse difficult terrain is required.
- Must be able to meet all of OSHA’s respirator standard and respiratory protection program guidelines in the event respirators are required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Good interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
- Proficient personal computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrates consistent quality in delivering desired results and meeting operational needs.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, is self-motivated, self-managed and disciplined.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Location – California/West Coast Region
Travel – Yes, 60% of the time
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Apply Online: https://acetalent.taleo.net/careersection/application.jss?lang=en&type=1&csNo=10000&portal=2140431233&reqNo=500550&isOnLogoutPage=true