Date: May 25, 2021
Location: Cerritos, CA
Oversee Western Region Logistics Site Personal Safety, Emergency Response and Security aspects while planning and making recommendations for continuous improvements. As needed, provide technical support for the PBF Logistics Organization HSE Group.
- Responsible for Personal Safety, Emergency Response and Security (SERS) Program compliance activities, including compliance reports, development/improvement of management systems, training, conducting field inspections/audits, implementation of programs, interpretation of regulations, PPE procurement, and interfacing with regulatory agencies.
- West coast administrator for IMPACT database.
- Direct work activities of third party SERS Professionals.
- Mentor, train and develop professionals within the Western Region Logistics network that are responsible for conducting -duties associated with the SERS roles to ensure a capable and professional workforce.
- Administer company policy within the department and facilities. Ensure site administrative procedures, discipline, SERS policies, management practices and labor contracts are administered consistently and fairly.
- Model teamwork with other department and facility managers and supervisors.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the union hourly workforce to promote safety awareness and work to resolve SERS issues and concerns.
- As a key member of the line leadership group, participate in the development of Site management philosophy as well as support and implement management policies and practices.
- Interface with all appropriate regulatory bodies. Serve as the Site spokesperson with SERS regulatory agencies and community groups regarding SERS issues.
- Coordinate responses to agency inspections, information requests, NOV’s, etc. and ensure appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
- Maintains uniform standards for safe work practices that are consistent with company policy and regulatory requirements. Monitors the consistent implementation of practices through the monitoring of field and facility work activities. Leads in the review and maintenance of Safe Work Practices.
- Responsible for the coordination, scheduling and administration of SERS related training as required by regulations, standards, company, and industry practice.
- Responsible for overall safety coordination of contractors associated with routine maintenance work, turnaround work, and capital project work. Conduct and support contractor site orientation and contractor site entry programs.
- Responsible for incident investigation process. Collect, analyze, trend, and communicate key safety performance data. Develop and implement sustainable continuous improvement plans based on trends.
- Administers the California Environmental Reporting System Portal (CERS) for Annual submittal and update as needed of Torrance Logistics Hazardous Materials Business Plans.
- Manages behavioral based safety program (BBS). Encourages and supports the use of BBS tools to identify hazards and implement measures to mitigate risks.
- Los Angeles Airport Police authorized trainer and certifier.
- Develop the department expense budget and continuously monitor these costs to anticipate and control possible variances.
- Interpret OSHA, CalOSHA, OSPR, DOT, NFPA, MTSA, CFATS and other pertinent regulations and develop programs and policies to ensure compliance.
- Interpret local, state and federal SERS Regulations; determine applicability of these regulations and develop/ implement appropriate compliance procedures and processes.
- Serve as a resource/consultant to staff and field management regarding the development of new capital projects to ensure that SERS Standards are met.
- Assist in the design and implementation of new plans and processes to prevent injuries and accidents.
- Provide support in emergency response events as needed and assist in incident investigations as needed.
- Develop, direct and establish a safety program and safety practices. Constantly strive to prevent accidents and to provide a safe, healthy work environment.
- Responsible for overseeing the Pipeline Safety Management SERS systems to ensure compliance with all SERS elements.
- Oversee the Security Program including security incident prevention, response and investigation as well as plans. This also includes management of contract security guard service.
- Coordinate various internal auditing processes to ensure compliance with standards and procedures.
- Serve as the OSHA expert and decision maker regarding the record ability of injuries.
- Ensure all required record keeping and reports are made per regulatory requirements.
- Directly work with the Site Leadership Team to develop and control the overall facility budget for production, capital and expense.
- Proffered office and work duties would be in Cerritos Office, but other TLC locations may be considered at Immediate Supervisor’s desertion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Safety or related discipline is preferred as well as related Certifications.
- 10+ years Safety Management, Emergency Response and Security experience is preferred. Refining, Pipeline and Safety and/or Petrochemicals experience is preferred.
- Strong background in elements of Personal Safety, Management Systems, Emergency Response and Security regulatory requirements is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of relative regulations issued by CUPA, OSPR, Cal-OSHA and other governmental agencies. Knowledge of Cal-OSHA industry requirements is preferred.
- NIMS Incident Command Structure and working knowledge of all command sections and responsibilities is preferred.
If interested, please apply at PBFenergy.com/Careers.