The Safety Technician supports and assists the Health, Safety & Security Manager in achieving and maintaining compliance for AMVAC’s (Los Angeles locations) with federal, state, local and other applicable laws and regulations and, the AMVAC’s corporate objectives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform and document audits, inspections, observations and appropriate corrective actions for the Health, Safety and Security Department to maintain and improve AMVAC’s safety performance.
• Conduct and assist Dept. Managers/Supervisors with Tailgate meetings
• Conduct respiratory fit testing
• Assist with issuing safe work permits.
• Perform safety equipment inspections
• Assist with safety training
• Assist with incident investigations and hazard corrections
• Observe and coach employees on safety policies and procedures
• Assist with recordkeeping
• Assist with other duties as assigned by the Health, Safety and Security Manager
Minimum Education Requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Safety training or certification
Skills & Qualifications:
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to interact with Supervisors and other plant personnel.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of AMVAC personnel.
• Ability to operate a forklift.
• Must pass post-offer physical, background checks and other appropriate testing as required
• Degree or Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience, preferably in a chemical plant or petrochemical or
• Compensation commensurate to experience
• Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision,
• Health Savings Account (HSA) / Flexible Spending Account (FSA) available
• Life and AD&D Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
• Employee Stock Purchasing Plan with employee discount
• Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
AMVAC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability,
protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law.
Visit www.amvac.com for more information or to apply for this position.