Duke Realty, one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the United States with logistics/distribution properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an opportunity for a Construction Safety Manager to join our construction team in our Irvine, CA office. Duke Realty is a vertically integrated owner/developer and currently owns and manages 12-plus million square feet of logistical real estate in this market. We are committed to further grow and develop our logistical product in this market. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. This position will be responsible for Southern California, Northern California, Seattel markets. Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Physical jobsite surveys including travel to all assigned Markets.
- Written summary of physical jobsite surveys
- Coordinate the implementation of the Duke Realty Construction Safety Program including the Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy.
- Participate in the ongoing maintenance of the Duke Realty Construction Safety Program and safety related documentation.
- Monitor and analyze safety trends in assigned markets and report on these to the Safety Director.
- Conduct or coordinate safety training for Construction associates
- Attend and participate in market and job site safety meetings
- Review of current federal, state and local regulations for compliance
- Assist in the development of technical safety related documents
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Candidates will have 3-5 years of Safety related experience. Experience in construction industry is strongly desired.
- Experience/knowledge of California OSHA laws and polices is required.
- Possess strong initiative and effective organizational skills. Ability to self-manage and direct work.
- Attention to detail, and ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapports and interact with various levels of professionals.
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel to markets as need (approx. 15%).
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish strongly desired.
- BS degree in Occupational Safety or Safety Management, or related field of study desired.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program. Please apply on line at http://www.dukerealty.com/careers (only online applications accepted).
Duke Realty is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.