Consulting Specialist – Industrial Hygiene & Safety
Citadel is seeking a talented Consulting Specialist to support our growing industrial hygiene (IH) and safety practice in the Southern California market, especially in Orange County.
We are an equal-opportunity, family-oriented firm that takes pride in listening to our clients and partnering with them to provide practical solutions that reduce risk and protect employees. We support a variety of industries including higher education, construction, property management, healthcare, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and biotechnology. Come join a consulting firm that puts people first!
This could be your ideal job if you have 1 to 3 years of experience in EHS consulting or
corporate EHS with a focus on IH and Safety and are interested in a fast-paced consulting role.
In this role you will be working either on site at one of our client locations as an extension of
their EHS organization and/or working on a variety of IH and safety consulting projects mainly in the Southern California region.
This position reports to the Associate Principal of Industrial Hygiene and Safety.
• Industrial hygiene surveys
• Moisture/microbial investigations
• Occupational health and safety surveys/inspections
• Developing and delivering health and safety training
• Writing technical reports
• On-site EHS support
• 1-3 years of experience in EHS, preferably in industrial hygiene and/or safety
• Prior experience with IH sampling is required
• Experience in supporting various types of health and safety assessments
• Experience in supporting EHS programs either as a consultant or working for a company’s EHS organization
• Experience in writing technical reports
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting IH sampling data
• Experience in supporting construction projects, universities, or industries with laboratory
environments is highly desirable
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to provide consulting support in multiple industrial hygiene and safety service
areas (e.g., microbial, IAQ, air sampling for contaminants, written program development,
• Ability to use IH instruments such as sound level meter, dosimeters, moisture meter,
infrared camera, sampling pumps, etc.
• Ability to work successfully in team-oriented environments
• Ability to support several projects simultaneously
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
• B.S. degree or higher in Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related science from an accredited school
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds, work some nights and weekends, and pass a background
check to obtain security clearance to client sites
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a car, and the ability to travel throughout Southern
• May occasionally require travel and overnight stays outside of Southern California
• Candidate working towards CIH is preferred, but not required
Apply for this position by sending your resume/CV to Shannon Mateik at smateik@citadelEHS.com